Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Autodelta

If you guys wanna really know what happened to AutodeltaUSA... keep posted to the website.
In the efforts to promote a foreign corporation, the US government decided to interfere with the legitimate efforts of our entreprenurial venture.
We still sell cars in the US, but for off road use only. Thats right, we can give you extremely competitive cars which can win at the track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Autodelta Again

The website for Autodelta USA is www.autodeltausa.com (it's under construction though at the moment)
As for the cars which were seized in the US, they are all in the hands of their owners IN THE STATES . They drive their cars as track use only. As for the fact of ever selling these cars to clients, the clients bought these cars from individuals who knew that we were still working on homologating these cars. However these are wonderful cars and the target prices for these cars was around the mid 40's, not 65k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
canguro said:
I doubt that Autodeltausa's troubles stem from having failed to use factory parts, if in fact that was even an issue. As I recall, they imported the Spider/GTV, the 166 and possibly the 156. Each of those models would have had to have gone through extensive DOT-mandated crash testing. As an example, Motorex, which has imported Nissan Skylines and GT-Rs into the U.S., wasted two GT-Rs to obtain the necessary DOT safety certification. Did Autodeltausa put those Alfa models through such tests? They would have had to invest substantial sums of money to crash each model, meaning that they would have had to be able to justify such investments by importing those cars in volume and advertising their availability in an aggressive manner. Judging by the relative few units of each model that Autodeltausa imported, and the dearth of advertising in places frequented by Alfisti, I find it highly doubtful that they did such testing. Since they've now taken the trouble to post on this Board, maybe they can prove me wrong.
The crash tests were all done and the data was handed over to the Department of Transportation. Yes the advertising was a little under par but then again, we were never given a chance to finish homologating the cars. We had and still have the full marketing campaign ready to go once the homologation was to have been completed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The indictment was a conspiracy set up by the interests which a certain company has with the US Gov.
Sure the cars weren't fully compliant yet. We were still in the phase of homologating them.
They really tried to indict a ham sandwich...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.