Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has gone down the path of filling the driveshaft center support rubber section with urethane. It's relatively common practice in the world of cars with a more traditional layout but I haven't been able to find any instances of people doing it with transaxle cars.

I wouldn't expect any performance gain, but I wonder what effect it would have on guibo life and longevity of the center support. The OEM ones seem very pliable and the rubber doesn't seem to last long. And they're expensive.

Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Thanks,
-Dave

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
My GTV6 has a urethane filled center support. Al Mitchell made it for me. He used them on race cars before he switched to a one piece carbon fiber shaft.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My GTV6 has a urethane filled center support. Al Mitchell made it for me. He used them on race cars before he switched to a one piece carbon fiber shaft.
Does it have any appreciable effects, aside from durability?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I found that video a while ago and it kinda got me thinking about the center support. I'm planning to do the read motor mount on my car this way when I put it back together as a bit of an experiment. I figure, the mount is shot anyway so I'm not losing much by trying it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts