Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how exactly is the washer which fits over the wishbone's bush, the one joints with the caster front bracket (caster). However, I found some old poly bushes in an alfa bag (without any part number) they seem bigger than the normal and fits well only with center bush in my photos! Do you have any idea? the left bush must be the original but my brown poly bushes simply dont go there. Middle and right bush are different while all have the same OD. Total height is the same for left and right bush, middle is shorter but brown polys go perfect... I cant recall any 105 car uses something like these brown bushes, only the smaller plastics. I'm right or missing something here? Does anybody knows any other old alfa using these polys so to end my question? A friend told me that these brown poly washer remind him a similar from autodelta long before. I dont know...

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The brown washers go on both sides of the middle bushing in a *70's era 105 and 115 chassis castor arm at the upper control arm.
(*possibly earlier and other models too of course, but I dunno myself)

The bushing to the far right is it's redesigned upgrade replacement found in the 80's and up 115 chassis which did away with the washer bits by being taller and having smaller holes or more solid construction as the case may be. (the type in the middle, used without the special washers, will self destruct in short order without the added support)

Dunno about the bushing on the far left, but it kinda looks simular to an ARB end link bushing.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I checked two early Giulias for those bushes and they have bigger ones without washers, they could be same as left ones in picture, but I am not quite sure.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a similar doubt, bought upper wishbone from FRAPS, but I am not sure if the castor bushings need or not the washers...

I tried to put them, but seems there is no enough space into the fork, I have been able to insert only one washer...

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Castor forks

I have a similar doubt, bought upper wishbone from FRAPS, but I am not sure if the castor bushings need or not the washers...

I tried to put them, but seems there is no enough space into the fork, I have been able to insert only one washer...
You can easily open up the forks to slide them over the bush with added plastic washers, as they get back to spec once you fasten the bolt.

Just did that same thing to put mine together..

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
All these beautifully clean and freshly painted 105 series shells and suspension components ... bellissimo!

Pete

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can easily open up the forks to slide them over the bush with added plastic washers, as they get back to spec once you fasten the bolt.

Just did that same thing to put mine together..

Thank you for the advice.

And wow, your suspensions are wonderful!!!

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Yeah, that's not fair! so nice and clean:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts