Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Does anyone on the board know where I can get spray cans of upholstery or trim paint. This stuff is actually a dye and works well on vinyl and plastic products. The brand I am looking for is SEM (sp?) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Timo, Excellent product and available at most auto body supply stores, just check your yellow pages. I just bought a couple of cans for around 11.00 each. Once you locate a supplier ask them about a quart of Sem plastic prep. Good stuff to prep and remove contaminants to make sure the spray stays put.:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Spider door panels -- vinyl paint color?

Hi

Has anyone used this or another product?
What color did you use?
Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
SEM upholstery paint

Hi

Has anyone used this or another product?
What color did you use?
Thanks

Simon
Greetings: I used SEM for refinishing my duetto's door panels. As suggested by ga_mtn_spider, I started with the Prep and finished with many light coats of Portola red.

- Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is my 83 Spider I just bought with buckskin interior. Normally Sem is my first choice but since everything needed to be sprayed I wanted to buy it by the quart rather than rattle can which added up to BIG SAVINGS. Only problem is while my paint store sells Sem in spray cans they only mix vinyl spray in Valspar but it turned out nice and Valspar offers a large color deck of hues to choose from and the quart only sat me back 32.00 and I still have A little bit left as opposed to the spray cans priced between 13.00 and 14.00 per spray can.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts