Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safety wire holding the linkage in place of the disintegrated plastic bushings. Saw the posts on that...since I’ll be going into the cowl, are there any issues to upgrade to a 2 speed motor (and switch)? The one speed wipers make driving in the rain pretty daunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SO, I have a fix for the bushings and will cont the earlier thread with full description on how to do this, a sort of manual in a few days. But I just did mine on my '67 105 Giulia Super, and it's working great, I just put my wipers back into the car and it's awesome. It will take a few details that I figured out, but to start buy two sets of these bushings on Ebay Since you need one big and 3 small bushings.

They fit basically perfect with maybe mild shaving thinner, maybe not, but fixes all your bushing problems. Start there.

·
Super Moderator
10,639 Posts
I don't know what a Super wiper motor looks like, but on a Duetto or a Sprint GT, the motor-gearbox needs to be a bit "kinked" like the one in the photo below. That is, the motor's axis is not a 90 degrees to the output shaft of the gearbox. Later Alfa wiper motors were at 90 degrees.

My point is that when you acquire that 2-speed motor, you may need to find one with this "kink" to get it to fit. A later motor-gearbox will not fit a Duetto or a Sprint GT. But again, I'm not sure about a Super.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts