Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would pass this to the Alfa members with a love of Subaru's:

Direct Word from Subaru Of America:

"It's been a little while since we last spoke but I've been keeping up with your activities via your sites/boards. I've noticed the threads of speculation about what Subaru's plans are for the Impreza. Well...the time is almost here to find out!

Monday around 5:pm EST, we'll be debuting the complete 2004 Impreza model line at a press conference in Detroit. We'll kick off with speeches from our executives then unveil the cars and provide handouts with the features & specs. At 9:pm EST, Edmunds.com will have Petter Solberg on hand to chat online about his experience driving the ultimate Impreza, our World Rally Car.

We're working on a page to share the experience with you. It'll go live shortly after the press conference. You and your members can access the page at Impreza.Subaru.com. In the days to follow, we'll add more images from Detroit and other info as it becomes available. I hope this will clear up the speculation-I look forward to getting together at the chat.

Sam Ingram
SOA Interactive Marketing"

·
Registered
667 Posts
WOW!! Totally not what I was expecting!! I was ready to read that they were bringing a "watered down" version of the STi... but now it's gonna be a 2.5L with 300 hp & 300 lb/ft, with DCCD and all! No mention of price yet... but if it comes in under $35k then the EVO is toast! Maybe I'm just getting used to the current bodystyle Impreza... but I think the facelift is HORRIBLE. It looks cross eyed, the front is all mushed and round, and the scoop is WAY too big and is hideously shaped.

Just wait until people start crashing & destroying them... I want that 6-speed :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlfaRacer75 said:
WOW!! Totally not what I was expecting!! I was ready to read that they were bringing a "watered down" version of the STi... but now it's gonna be a 2.5L with 300 hp & 300 lb/ft, with DCCD and all! No mention of price yet... but if it comes in under $35k then the EVO is toast! Maybe I'm just getting used to the current bodystyle Impreza... but I think the facelift is HORRIBLE. It looks cross eyed, the front is all mushed and round, and the scoop is WAY too big and is hideously shaped.

Just wait until people start crashing & destroying them... I want that 6-speed :D
I know I was extremely surprised! I am so happy they used the 2.5L great bottom end and top speed!!! Actually the President of SOA stated low low $30K range, other tech said expect it to come at a little over $31,000

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
WRX

Good news on the new Subie line up! However, England and Japan still get hotter models, right?

I tried to dance with a WRX the other night in my Spider. He wouldn't (couldn't?) keep up with me through a few wide sweepers on Shoreline Drive.

Ever since I was 16, I've gone through there imaging what it would be like to be in the L.B.G.P. When they're setting up for the race, I have been known to move barricades and tear around in sections of the course. From yanking the hand brake on my '73 Celica to roaring through the convention center 'tunnel' before replacing the exhaust on my Spider.

I live in the city. It's got no curves. I need to get on one of these canyon runs with you guys!

My apologies for rambling on. Some how I got "Off-Topic". Great Subies!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Hahahahaha, I waiting for a porsche to try and creep up on me in the canyons one day. I'll give him a run for his MONEEEYYY!!! hahahahah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts