Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi vroom,
What makes you think Malaysia?
If so, it perhaps could be a City Motors car in the early days?
Or maybe ex-Angus Croning car that came from up that way. I remember Angus saying it may have had some clubby type competition in previous life. It is also white.
Cheers,
Vince.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Is that a license plate on the front, 3939, maybe some one in Malaysia or elsewhere recognizes the format.

Vince are you able to follow up with Croning. What serial number did he have and where is it now??

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is that a license plate on the front, 3939, maybe some one in Malaysia or elsewhere recognizes the format.

Vince are you able to follow up with Croning. What serial number did he have and where is it now??

Ciao

Ken
Hi Ken,
Angus passed away many years back.
The cars current owners contacted me relatively recently, but stupidly I did not get the serial#. Next time if they agree!
Vince.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Hi All,

I've come across this photo on the Internet - can anyone place the car?

Possibly Malaysia??

Best regards, John
vroom, can you post the url where you found this photo, especially in light of vsharp's fake warning.

Posting a photo somewhere on the internet would be a good way to start history. Note I'm not saying you did this, you simply found the photo :)
Pete

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
One of our club members has a white one that was ordered with all the GTA running gear, but without the aluminium floors etc, by a local guy who, I think, died a few years ago.

·
Registered
525 Posts
One of our club members has a white one that was ordered with all the GTA running gear, but without the aluminium floors etc, by a local guy who, I think, died a few years ago.
That does sound like the Croning GTA (very few and only very early ones had ally floors).
My other thread warning is only coincidental that it came up on the same day as Vrooms picture......nothing to link the two together that I am aware of.
Vince.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not the Croning car.

The car has a drivers side mirror and Angus' car has no signs of that being fitted ever.

I have seen previously a picture of another purported Malaysian GTA - can't remember but I will post the photo..

This car looks like that car ..

I'll post it when I locate or set up a link.

Best regards, John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And one more.

Different plate to the original pic but clearly the car in the second pic.

I think this is a Malaysian car.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Definitely the pit building in Malaysia, I have a picture of the Foley GTAm at the same place in '72. It is posted somewhere here on these forums too, I recall. I don't recognize the driver, I 'll pass it on to some others who may I.D him.
Vince.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Subscribing to this thread.

ken

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Do we now have new info to add to this old mystery?

Ken

·
Registered
525 Posts
Do we now have new info to add to this old mystery?

Ken
Hi Ken,
The car with licence plate 3939 is, I'm 99% sure the City Motors car, quite likely 752628. It was discussed somewhere on the BB years back & is believed to have rotted away in the garden of the business owner.
The other white car #91 is confirmed as 752611 owned by & shown with Mr Ross Davidson, prior to him returning to Australia with it in the early '70s (and then selling to Mr Angus Croning). This is the amazingly original car which a friend of mine recently purchased.
Regards,
Vince.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts