Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pic show a 1981's race in northen Italy, driver Lucini.
I saw the car years ago, in Italy.
Don't know s/n but quite sure it was a real gta.

damian

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Damian, others

Yes, that must be the same GTA -- I can confirm it was a GTA. But what of it`s earlier history....

Thanks, please post more info....

Richard

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a suspicion it is a 1300, but the foto was taken in 1987 or so and notes long gone -- it is impossible to decipher the chassis number from the ones I have.

Richard

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Further, Oreste Lucini seems to have piloted a - this? - GTA on many occasions in 70s and early 80s. Perhaps someone has contact details?

Richard

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
GTA 1600 in my opinion

Hello Richard,

Oreste Lucini started in a couple of races in the 70´s and 80´s as you already stated. See the link for some of the races he took part in. All but two I can see are with an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA with which he took part in the class up until 1600 cc. There was also a class up until 1300 cc, so I think that until 1981 this was a Giulia Sprint GTA and not an GTA 1300 Junior.

Oreste Lucini - All Results - Racing Sports Cars

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know much about the car but, as it runs very often close to my city, I maybe ask my friends for something more.

Richard I'm a bit puzzled about your opinion, which elements based your suspicion it was a 1300?

damian

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Damian

Please ignore my suspicions -- in 1980s most group 4/5 GTAs I saw were originally 1300s but often running 1600 motors - this GTA had a 1600 motor, so more than likely it was a 1600!

Much more interesting is it`s current whereabouts....really look forward to more news....

Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "richards, post: 1075453, membro: 4976"]
Inoltre, Oreste Lucini sembra aver pilotato un - questo? - GTA in molte occasioni negli anni '70 e primi anni '80. Forse qualcuno ha i dettagli di contatto?

Richard
[/CITAZIONE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts