Alfa Romeo Forums banner

unknown electrical parts

786 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nfonte 
#1 ·
I have a '79 Alfetta sedan and over the weekend I removed the dash to do some work. Mounted on the fire wall, under the glove compartment I found these two units and I was wondering what they were. I looked on my parts book and wire diagram but I could not figure it out. In the attached picture the two items in question are #62 and #63. #62 is a couple of relays and #63 is a buss fuse. Does anyone know what these are for?

Thanks.
Nick Fonte, MA

Attachments

#3 ·
I THINK item 63 ceramic heat sink IS PART OF CAT CONVERTOR TEMP LIGHT SYSTEM. Have a set of item 62 relays, too but not sure what they are for either.

#6 ·
Yep only the round waffle pan shaped cat with perforated heat shield had that system. However comma now that I think of it the early 81-83 GTV6 had something similiar and did not have round cat.

#7 ·
I thought that # 63 was for the cat. If that is the case, then looking at the wire diagram, next to #63 there is the "safety belt device". Maybe #62, which has two relays, is some sort of check for the two front seat belts being used.
Thanks for the help.
Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.