Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '79 Alfetta sedan and over the weekend I removed the dash to do some work. Mounted on the fire wall, under the glove compartment I found these two units and I was wondering what they were. I looked on my parts book and wire diagram but I could not figure it out. In the attached picture the two items in question are #62 and #63. #62 is a couple of relays and #63 is a buss fuse. Does anyone know what these are for?

Thanks.
Nick Fonte, MA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,389 Posts
I THINK item 63 ceramic heat sink IS PART OF CAT CONVERTOR TEMP LIGHT SYSTEM. Have a set of item 62 relays, too but not sure what they are for either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
INteresting - my 86 GTV6 is missing completely #63. Need direction please about replacing and connecting. Also, aside from an emissions test, is there a way to determine the the CC still functions correctly?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
I'd have to check to be certain but memory tells me that only the Spica cars with cats had this device.

·
Premium Member
27,389 Posts
Yep only the round waffle pan shaped cat with perforated heat shield had that system. However comma now that I think of it the early 81-83 GTV6 had something similiar and did not have round cat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that # 63 was for the cat. If that is the case, then looking at the wire diagram, next to #63 there is the "safety belt device". Maybe #62, which has two relays, is some sort of check for the two front seat belts being used.
Thanks for the help.
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts