Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help identify the connections in the attachments. They appear to all be in the center consul except the yellow one which is sort of hanging around the gear leaver.
20191115_121011.jpg
20191115_121158.jpg
20191115_121136.jpg
20191115_121103.jpg

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
what year we talking? an 80`s spider?

Rich's idea of the window switches is good. The green one for the right window and the yellow for the left window.....I wonder, though, if the yellow connector is missing a single black wire

what color wires are going to the two black plugs, photos 2 & 3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your input and yes I think you have it as far as the top and bottom pictures are concerned for the model is a 511382, in other words a series 3. Further I am in South Africa and our cars are right hand drive, this car is left hand drive and clearly a continental import and does not have electric windows. It seems doubtful to me if the electric windows were removed and certainly the 511382 wireing diagram shows such devices, so I guess the series 3 wireing loom was just used unchanged. The car is at my friends house it being his car ( mine is a series 2 1976 spider) I was asked to try and sort out burnt wiring under the dash and, as usual I suppose, unearthed a heap of trouble, although I have dealt with the burnt wires. I would like to post the wire colours on Monday if I may, the connector in photo 3 appears to be attached to a broken switch.
Once again thanks for the input.
Brian.

Rich's idea of the window switches is good. The green one for the right window and the yellow for the left window.....I wonder, though, if the yellow connector is missing a single black wire

what color wires are going to the two black plugs, photos 2 & 3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have unravelled the black tape and discovered that in photos 2 and 3 the wires are linked and one is black and the other black and white, the wires coming from the main loom. The wiring diagram I have is not helpful in this case, any thoughts?
Brian.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have unravelled the black tape and discovered that in photos 2 and 3 the wires are linked and one is black and the other black and white, the wires coming from the main loom. The wiring diagram I have is not helpful in this case, any thoughts?
Brian.
OK, then I'd say that connector in photo 2 is for the fan switch light.
That 2 pin connector clips into the back of the fan blower switch, in the centre of the connector is space for a tiny bulb.
See photo below borrowed from BB

If the wires are connected to item in photo 3, then that could be for the cigar lighter...though photo here seems to show the wires going off to another bulb(?)

Heater switch light.jpg

(Ed, I think the clock connector is green....?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts