Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope you guys don't mind me shoving this in the "Toronto Chapter " section but it appears that Montreal doesn't have a spot here yet.

It's time for me to sell my 1989 Alfa 75 TS I'm in Knowlton Que.45 "Alfa minutes":cool: from Montreal.

details:
Imported from Switzerland in 2003
(NOTE This car - to the best of my knowledge cannot be imported into the US.It is not a Milano but a 75 hence must be 25 years old to be registered in the US)
-This car was owned by an older Swiss gentleman all its life and then
inherited by his brother in Canada who sold it to me
- Car is a 9.5 on a scale of 10
- No rust - nowhere ( only rust I have found is on the surface of
the rear coil springs-minor.I know Alfas and have been over this car with a
fine-toothed comb in all the typical spots.
- 152,000km ( 94,000 miles)
- motor 150hp.-Bosch Motronic
- 100% maintenance done since birth
(documentation)
- Exhaust system replaced in 2005 with AR.original
parts (Centre and rear)
- Interior like new
- All original paint
- Tutti orginale – no modifications
- No work is required on this car.Everything works properly
- Tires – 5% use (Yokohama Avid)
- Brake pads and disks 5 % use.
- Valves adjusted to spec
- Spark plugs replaced
- All fluids replaced when I acquired the car
- Replaced water pump
- All bushings inspected - replaced front transaxle mounts
- Replaced driveline donuts - front and centre
- All engine compartment rubber checked and replaced 4 intake hoses from
plenum to intake.

This car is the same as what we know in N.A. as a Milano except:

-2.0L Twinspark engine- great powerplant remarkable gas mileage and lots of
power.
- No troublesome ABS
- No troublesome AC
- No timing belt:eek: it's chain driven
- 4.1 gear ratio and Limited Slip diff.

The only cosmetic blemishes on this car are some rock chips on the lower front spoiler which I elected to leave as is because they don't rust and I didn't want it to appear that I was trying to hide anything.There are also
3 scratches on the front bumper rubber which occured during sea transport.(see photo)I will add photos in following post as 5 is max.allowed.

If you require more photos PM me.

$ 10,000

Attachments

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Murray,
Sorry to see you're selling the car. I hope you find a good home for it. I tried to convince "the boss" to let me bid on it when it was on eBay. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same answer now.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Everytime I see a clean 75/Milano like that it makes me wanna pack my bags and head to transaxle land.. Nice car, sorry i cant help you out with it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So easy to make US-importable...
Dave you're more than welcolme to try.:) I promise I'll come and visit you in prison after they drag you off and send the car to the crusher.:D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Murray said:
Dave you're more than welcolme to try.:) I promise I'll come and visit you in prison after they drag you off and send the car to the crusher.:D
For importing a $500 Milano Silver procured in a local scrapyard? Come on now Murray...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I know it can be done Dave ;) But you would still have to deal which such evil appendages as bright E-code headlamps white side marker lamps and worst of all light-weight euro bumpers.Who knows what they'd do to you !:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"kribensis" might not be the most cost effective way of getting a 2.0L TS engine:) but the TS engine would sure be an excellent modification to a GTV or Spider.It's a powerfull little beast and with the Motronic it responds really well to the gas pedal.A side benefit is truly remarkable fuel economy.I just returned from Pembroke Ont.with it and averaged 38mpg.driving it the way an Alfa was meant to be driven:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just in case any of you are lurking,waiting to pounce on this offer:) I've just put her away for her nice dry confy winter sleep.She'll be back looking for a new master come March/April.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts