1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Alfa Romeo 164 Q4 Sale
a modern classic​

I am offering for sale my 4 door, limited edition, fully equipped, one owner, 164 Q4 manufactured in 1995. The car has just done 68,000 km (42,200 miles) since new, it´s metallic gray (grigio Lothar) with a black leathered interior and front electrical seats with individual heating. The vehicle has always been garaged so the original factory paint is in great condition. All its maintenance and services have been performed as scheduled. All of its systems, components and parts are in perfect condition and completely functional.

Here are some relevant specs of the car:

• 3 liter V6 engine, 24 valves, 242 [email protected],500 rpm and 292 Nm of Torque at 5,000 rpm (70% at 1,000 rpm); 7,300 rpm redline thanks to a Squadra Tuning chip
  • Maximum speed 240 km/h with an acceleration of 7.0 seconds from 0-100 Km/h (0-62mph)
  • 4 cams with hydraulic valve adjustment and timing belt
  • Electronic Bosch Motronic M 3.7 injection with integrated digital static ignition
  • Manual 6 speed + reverse Getrag gearbox, fully synchronized
  • Permanent four wheel drive with Viscomatic electronic coupling
  • Torsen rear limited slip differential (LSD) set at 25 %
  • Electronically controlled suspension (automatic and sport)
  • 4 vented disc brakes with 6 channeled Anti Lock Brake System (ABS)
  • Original Speedline 16” aluminum wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 205/55/16 W (300 km/h or 185mph) tires
  • Electronic climate control
  • Power windows and locks
  • Driver’s air bag
  • Electric exterior mirrors with electronic controlled folding. Photo chromatic electronic rearview mirror
  • Alfa Code. Ignition key with safety chip and main key (red key for changing codes)
  • Kenwood sound system: Radio AM/FM, c/r, box 10 CDs, 6 speakers
Along with the car I will include a package of specific 164 Q4 items and a package of 164 Q4 specific tools (I will not sell these separately, so please don’t insist) which include the following:

• Package of specific items. Includes 260 original parts and supplies that cover all of the car’s systems: body, electrical, engine, suspension, steering, electronic sensors, clutch, brakes, driveline, etc.
  • Specific tools. Includes the whole equipment necessary for the diagnosis and different services of the car and consists of the Alfa Romeo Tester, special tools, service and parts manuals. All of them are original Alfa Romeo.
The car is located in Lima, Peru and is an Euro version (complies with the Euro 2 which was valid until 2000 and has its original cats). The sale is for the whole lot, includes the car, parts/supplies and tools. Serious offers will be considered, inquiries and more information can be requested at the following e-mail: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Banned
15 Posts
164 ls

No serious offer can be made if there is no asking price. In addition, I prefer to deal with a seller who has no reluctance to disclosing the asking price for all other Board members to see rather than negotiating in private.
But thanks for the invitation and good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No serious offer can be made if there is no asking price. In addition, I prefer to deal with a seller who has no reluctance to disclosing the asking price for all other Board members to see rather than negotiating in private.
Thank you very much for your comment and for your good wishes. It is interesting to know that there are different approaches to the topic. I thought that this is a particular case of an offer of a special car plus other articles with a total price that is neither cheap nor very common. For this reason, there could be persons who are interested in the purchase and do not want to publish the details of the negotiation. Thinking about this possibility and trying to respect their privacy, I chose the option to communicate through e-mail where, in addition, there is the possibility to share more details than what is shown in the forum.

As you can appreciate, it is not about a whim on my part, rather, it is a consideration to others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much for your comment and for your good wishes. It is interesting to know that there are different approaches to the topic. I thought that this is a particular case of an offer of a special car plus other articles with a total price that is neither cheap nor very common. For this reason, there could be persons who are interested in the purchase and do not want to publish the details of the negotiation. Thinking about this possibility and trying to respect their privacy, I chose the option to communicate through e-mail where, in addition, there is the possibility to share more details than what is shown in the forum.

As you can appreciate, it is not about a whim on my part, rather, it is a consideration to others.
The thing is we are talking about two pieces string here - 1) the car and 2) the spares, tools and test equipment. I can "measure" the piece of string that is the car but it is impossible to determine a value regarding the other piece as I have no idea what it consists of.

Hopefully in time I will receive a reply directly though surely everyone should know exactly what the package consists of. I for one would have a pretty good idea as to what the spares and tools were worth but I'm not going to bid blind!

But there again I would be prepared to buy one piece without the other! I just bought a new Getrag 6 speeder for peanuts BTW; mind you I've never known one have a problem as they are built like brick sh*thouses rather like the rest of the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thing is we are talking about two pieces string here - 1) the car and 2) the spares, tools and test equipment. I can "measure" the piece of string that is the car but it is impossible to determine a value regarding the other piece as I have no idea what it consists of.

Hopefully in time I will receive a reply directly though surely everyone should know exactly what the package consists of. I for one would have a pretty good idea as to what the spares and tools were worth but I'm not going to bid blind!

But there again I would be prepared to buy one piece without the other! I just bought a new Getrag 6 speeder for peanuts BTW; mind you I've never known one have a problem as they are built like brick sh*thouses rather like the rest of the car.
I can send you the spare parts list if you request it to my e-mail. If you want it valued, please say so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like a list of the parts, tools and the test equipment please. There is no need to value anything as after 16 years as a champion of the Q4 and being involved with their restoration, I've a pretty good idea of what they would be worth to me.

You obviously did not get my earlier email so I'll post this here.

I would also value the car based on its largest market, Europe. As I already mentioned, I have a list of people who were interested in L30 ARO but wanted a car with fewer kilometres. L30 ARO had a recorded kilometreage of 143,000 when sold in 2010 but had the engine changed at Arese at 77,000kms (1998). This was before the car went to AR Germany.

Could you also tell me what has been done about the airbag. How often do you run the car up and take it for a trot round the block or further considering the life of the catalysts and cam and auxiliary belts? The electric windows and stepper motors also need regular workouts as do the a/c compressor and the headlight levelling and wiper motors. The suspension system is also prone to problems if the setting is not changed from Normal to Sport and back on a pretty regular basis.

Do you have a photo showing the climate control on with the temperature and air set at maximum?

One final question: How many radiator fans does the car have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like a list of the parts, tools and the test equipment please. There is no need to value anything as after 16 years as a champion of the Q4 and being involved with their restoration, I've a pretty good idea of what they would be worth to me.

You obviously did not get my earlier email so I'll post this here.

I would also value the car based on its largest market, Europe. As I already mentioned, I have a list of people who were interested in L30 ARO but wanted a car with fewer kilometres. L30 ARO had a recorded kilometreage of 143,000 when sold in 2010 but had the engine changed at Arese at 77,000kms (1998). This was before the car went to AR Germany.

Could you also tell me what has been done about the airbag. How often do you run the car up and take it for a trot round the block or further considering the life of the catalysts and cam and auxiliary belts? The electric windows and stepper motors also need regular workouts as do the a/c compressor and the headlight levelling and wiper motors. The suspension system is also prone to problems if the setting is not changed from Normal to Sport and back on a pretty regular basis.

Do you have a photo showing the climate control on with the temperature and air set at maximum?

One final question: How many radiator fans does the car have?
For part list please send a message to my e-mail: [email protected] for to know your electronic address. Of this form I can send you the information requested with a message that has an attached Excel file.

With regard to his other questions:

The two cats were changed to 50,000 km

The distribution belt (new model) with the respective accesories has been changed every 4 years. One must change every 40,000 km or 4 years, which happens first.

The water pump has been changed at the same time that the distribution and the accesories belts. This is advisable because the new adjustment of the accessories belt can cause a loss of cooling across the pump

The airbag has been checked by the Alfa tester without problems

The radiator has two fans (1995 model). I change the two resistors with a new model with excellent result

The automatic a/c and the heating work without problems. A complete service was effected it does 1,000 km. It has always an excellent performance

I don't have any difficulty with the electric windows switch

The electronic control suspension work without problems. The automatic and sport position switch work without problems

Please see the enclose pictures of Alfa Romeo Tester kit
Alfa Tester (5).jpg

Alfa Tester (6).jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For AntMat, additional information

I'm using the 164 Q4 every week, at least twice a week. I know it is very necessary, because I have been the Operations Manager of Alfa Romeo of Peru, in charge of service department and therefore I have enough knowledge of the technical aspects.

·
Registered
363 Posts
More Interior and profile pics please...

·
Registered
138 Posts
why would someone want to limit themselves with an asking price? this car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. there may be someone willing to pay more than a price he has in his mind. There are many people who dont mind to negotiate in private.

btw, nice auto!

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I can't agree more. This is not a car for someone who wants to "negotiate". This is a car for someone who understands what "this" is.

·
Registered
570 Posts
why would someone want to limit themselves with an asking price? this car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. there may be someone willing to pay more than a price he has in his mind. There are many people who dont mind to negotiate in private.

btw, nice auto!
From the movie, Raising Arizona, Lenard Smalls (Tex Cobb) says:

"Price? It isn't what you say it is, it's what the market will bear". :eek:
Nice car, I hope you make out well with a buyer. :D

Attachments

Reactions: Rutlefan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Obviously I have a reference price about the Q4 and parts list. As I previously indicated serious offers will be considered, inquiries and more information can be requested at the following e-mail: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 63 Posts