Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Spider has some sort of electronic ignition that the PO said was purchased from Centerline. I haven't seen anything like it and Centerline doesn't currently sell whatever it is. With points I know to set initial timing with the engine off and at "F" mark, ignition energized, then rotate the distributor while checking for spark. I didn't know whether it would work with an electronic ignition. To my pleasant surprise it worked! Since it probably works with other electronic ignitions this may be a good thing to "keep in your back pocket" for your next ignition timing challenge.:smile2:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are adequate to identify it, great. Otherwise I'll have to pull the distributor again. I think the distributor body is stock, that the electronic thing just replaced the points. In the meantime, OTTNP- On To The Next Problem: it only starts if I pull the CSS lead. Paraphrasing the late Roseanne Roseannadanna (from SNL) "It's always something."

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least it's easy to remove while the air box is still out, and far easier to re-install correctly than an early-1960s Chevy that I worked on decades ago. Straight six with a distributor driven by a hex shaft. The distributor could be installed correctly timed one way and incorrectly five ways!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts