Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe it's me but I've never been able to find these darn grommets sold anywhere. And the crap sponge rubber that the factory used doesn't hold up (at least for forty years). So I made a mold and I am having the rubber company make them.

These are made of solid rubber (not sponge or cast urethane) and will outlast your car, limit vibration and most importantly minimize wear from the tubes rubbing the undercarriage. They come unslit so you can either slit them yourself or, if your lines are out of the car, leave them unslit and slide them over the lines.

We are only making the two hole version anymore.

The info:

The cost is $67 for a set of (7) grommets including shipping within the continental United States.

NEW PAYMENT PLAN:

I would very much appreciate it if those interested in purchasing a set of grommets direct their payment to one of the two programs listed below as a donation:

No Longer Bound

Donate - Eagle Sports Club

You need the grommets, they need the money - it's a perfect match!

Send the order request here:

Email orders to: [email protected] NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!

Please include the following in the order:

Subject: Alfa Grommets
Name:
ALFABB Username:
Paypal ID:
Shipping Address:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
WOW, that is a great price.
Rats, I should have doubled the price :eek:hmy:

Actually, we have excess rubber from another job that's already paid for so the material is "free". Once that runs out the price will go up...

Edit:
Ugh, sooner than I thought. I ran out of material and the price did double. I thought I was joking until I saw the price and the minimum order...

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
These look great! Thanks!

Pretty sure, but can anyone confirm they fit an S4 as well?

Thanks,

Vin

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Took a look under Rossa's winter blanket and sure enough looks to be the same for the S4's.

Sent my order in.

Thanks again,

Vin

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well folks, I really underestimated the response to these grommets. As a result I have gone through all the material that was "free" (to the extent that it was left over material already paid for from another project). It means that I will have to purchase more and with the minimum amount it is going to double the price. So the new price is $67 per set including shipping within the continental United States.

For those who have already placed their orders, don't panic - I will honor the original price.
Sorry for the inconvenience. As I said, I really didn't think there would be that much interest. I knew I needed them but apparently I'm not the only one...

The good news is that we ran a bunch (obviously) and everyone that ordered the (2) hole version will have their order shipped this week. The one and three hole versions will still be a bit longer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had sent you an email previously but did not hear a response, I am interested. As my battery is in the engine compartment, I guess I would be interested in the three hole just in case I want to move it some day.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Just got my set. They look great!

Thanks,

Vin

1 - 20 of 88 Posts