Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1980 Spider and I was trying to get my car smogged yesterday in Northern California. I got it on non-op so it needs a smog check before registering it. The guy doing the smog said that it was missing the vacuum hose diagram under the hood. I got to thinking that it is too old to have the diagram. Does anyone know what year they started to put the stickers under the hood and does anyone know where to get the stickers if I'm supposed to have one. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I think 79. Here's one from a 79 Alfetta. I think the Spider decals are under the Spica box and harder to see. The only place I can think of that might have one is APE (Alfa Parts Exchange).

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
most smog stations have online sorce of vacumn lines

Reactions: Rlajb

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most smog stations have online sorce of vacumn lines
Hey, good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

I took it in yesterday and the guy didn't do the test because he couldn't find my car in his system. The chart wasn't under the hood and he didn't have the specs to measure by so he didn't do anything. Now, I am looking for a Star Smog Station that can handle my car. I hope the next place I take it has the charts. I have copies from a manual I can bring, but the guy at the last smog check station I went to didn't want to follow my charts. He only wanted to have official charts posted under the hood. I checked with a local mechanic and he was wondering if my car was a federal car, not a CA car. It is in the CA system and has passed smogs in the past so can't see why I can't get it resmogged now.

Do you know of any smog stations in Sac that can smog a 1980 Spider?

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
Hey, good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

I took it in yesterday and the guy didn't do the test because he couldn't find my car in his system. The chart wasn't under the hood and he didn't have the specs to measure by so he didn't do anything. Now, I am looking for a Star Smog Station that can handle my car. I hope the next place I take it has the charts. I have copies from a manual I can bring, but the guy at the last smog check station I went to didn't want to follow my charts. He only wanted to have official charts posted under the hood. I checked with a local mechanic and he was wondering if my car was a federal car, not a CA car. It is in the CA system and has passed smogs in the past so can't see why I can't get it resmogged now.

Do you know of any smog stations in Sac that can smog a 1980 Spider?
there is a place on howe ave and folsom blvd.(..kennssels ) spelling.. try them

Reactions: Rlajb

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,342 Posts
The Vehicle Emission Control information sticker for that model year has the vacuum hose routing diagram on it. Each car came with on with the appropriate model year on it. So, grabbing one from a different model year is not going to work.

@Norseman50 posted a link to another thread about stickers. You will need to dig around in the files to find what you need. Once you find the proper file, you can take it to a Kinkos or Fedex, or your favorite print shop to have the sticker printed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Vehicle Emission Control information sticker for that model year has the vacuum hose routing diagram on it. Each car came with on with the appropriate model year on it. So, grabbing one from a different model year is not going to work.

@Norseman50 posted a link to another thread about stickers. You will need to dig around in the files to find what you need. Once you find the proper file, you can take it to a Kinkos or Fedex, or your favorite print shop to have the sticker printed.
He doesn't seem to have any of the '80 - '81 that have the hoses on it. I looked at all of them and only found a couple that had them and they were for the wrong car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts