Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car progresses and over the weekend I removed the dash and AC unit. What transpired was the all the heater 'gubbins' have been removed and I only have cold air AC. So I will either look for an orignal in-car unit or fit something like this: 12V Heat & Cool Concealed Unit: Speedy Air Spares
With the hope there is a model with vertical outlets.

So, my question is, is it possible to get 'standard' Alfa aircon units (GTV 2000 '72) as a s/h part in the USA ? pretty much impossible over here!

Matt

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shipped an original borletti evaportator box from California to Australia. I found a spare unit from Afla Parts Exchange which they made up from two broken boxes.

It's possible to find the parts but it wasnt easy! and the shipping cost several hundred.
I'm not expecting it to be easy! SWMBO is rather partial to a cool car in hot climes.

Am I right in assuming the Borletti unit is both heater and AC? The other alternative (if I can't source one) is to make up my own air distribution box in fibreglass that will use the output from the under dash unit.

Is it possible to use units from spyders? Is there any similarity with the Borletti units?
Matt

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jonathon,

I'm after a coujple of bits of information on your installation:
1. The routing of the hoses for both a/c and heater - ie bulkhead holes etc
2. Do you have any Alfa parts information for the Borletti unit etc?

Martin has shipped my unit!!

So, for those of you who have not seen the Borletti unit, this is what it looks like:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
The hoses and bulk head holes I can't help you with as I am not up to that part yet.

Now as for the Borletti Evaportator Box follow my thread which discusses how to refurbish the box in some detail.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/air...o/172241-ac-installation-gtv-2000-part-i.html

With respect to your blower motor, you will either have to get a blower switch with a resistor, or route the blower wires to a resistor outside the box in order to get the three blower speeds. Alternatively you can purchase a pulse width modulation fan motor which would not require the use of a resistor. Aftermarket Air Conditioning For Automobiles and AC parts will have all these parts...

I described a way to make a resistor on the following page:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/air...oposed-ac-wiring-diagram-gtv-2000-1974-a.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts