Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Italian phrase for a lightning bolt, often used to being struck by same, as in "love at first sight". My dear departed Uncle Al once wondered (many years ago) if my newest love interest had been the result of "un colpo di fulme".

Well, all these many years later, I had to go to www.wordreference.com to dig up that old phrase, since I needed it to describe my latest purchase of a 164LS. Sight unseen and never having ever driven an Alfa before.

Just took the advice of my friends at G2 Motors in Seattle, who have often worked on my heavily modified MINI (for sale soon). Then followed the lead of JungleJustice to 164 Family and the next thing you know I was climbing the curves of the Siskiyou Pass in 4th gear at 80 with a smile on my face. :)

So begins a relationship with a beautiful, high strung, racy Italian mistress. I've been lurking this board for about 3 weeks, so I have no delusions that this car will be trouble free. Yet, aren't all 12 year old cars prone to some repair issues? I think this will be as rewarding and frustrating as some of the tempestuous Italian women of days gone by. ;)

Have enjoyed the posts and appreciate such a strong supportive community. For now, I'm sprucing up the lady with a little body work and paint. Tint the windows. Go for a stereo with CD capabilities. Add Euro headlights. Change all the fluids. Replace the serpentine belt (Lenard did the timing belt and more). A little Leatherique on the seats. And eventually work with JJ on suspension mods, possibly engine upgrades, and lighter/better wheels/tires. Low price to get into the car, means money available for good maintenance and reasonable upgrades.

Car is strong, handles great now. The definition of a sport/luxury vehicle. I'm sure you will be hearing from me again. My mechanical abilities are mezza-mezza. However, I'm not afraid of asking dumb Q's and fortunate to be living in the Great Northwest where the is a lot of Alfa help.

Tutto Bene, NNN

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Spoken like a true Alfaholic in training! Now what are those other 11 steps?

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Sounds good, but I'd think twice about tinting the windows. They are tinted for thermal blocking, and the police don't like them any darker. Besides, it makes it harder to see where you are going and who's around you at night and, around here, when the sun isn't out. LOL, also makes the car look a little pimped out, not the Alfa image.

Which Mini did you have, a real one, or the BMW fake. Were/are you a member of the local Mini club, SAMOA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts