1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Wow... With 78K original miles and a eBay feedback score of "0"... what a deal :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey now, read the specs. This really is the most fully developed GTV6 I have ever seen. It's worth a lot of money, but not $50K.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
That is a legitimate GTV6, and it's owned by BB member "cchan".

Best regards,

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's a tough sell. Alfa fan's for a GTV6 with a spare 30K around are few and far between. I can't wait to see how the auction unfolds. Whomever wins is going to have one bad *** unique ride. 30K gets a nice Maserati coupe with a manual, but this car is one-of-a-kind.

I doubt it will break reserve.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dare say that this car is head and shoulders above a Callaway. BTW $30K don't get it. The BIN price is $50K and that's where I think our brother cchan is going to be disappointed. Still, kudos for putting the build together in so stylish a fashion: I once had the same idea, but I did the math, chickened out, and decided that my Mondial t was a better deal, even at the inflated pre-crash price I paid.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Guys, take it from a man who has over 40K and almost 70K respectively in his own two Alfa transaxle builds; this car is worth every dime! It will cost you at least 40-50K to replicate (even if you were to do much of the work yourself...)

A nice Callaway TT is worth 25K-30K, so I don’t see the "Callaway for 20K less" analogy. Besides, this thing will absolutely BLOW a standard TT Callaway down the drain in every aspect of performance! The brakes won’t fade even after running the car in back-to-back 20/25-minute track-sessions all day long (Ron Simons and I proved that in 2004 already!) The handling is crisp with a suspension tuned and proven on tracks like the Nurburgring in Germany and Spa Francorchamps in Belgium (and by hundreds and hundreds of club-racers around the globe!) Power-delivery from that 24v with the GTA cams is VERY linear with a usable range of 1500 to 7500 rpm and a sweet-spot range of 3000 to 6800 rpm – a HUGE power-band!

I have driven this car, I was part of the build process and I have the exact same setups on my own street/track Verde that I have over 40K in to myself! This GTV6 is an amazing, 1-owner example and then there is the paint and the interior and the leather and all of the other little touches! Also, once you have driven a Milano or a GTV6 with the best of the best engine, suspension, gearbox and brakes installed, you get the sense that while there will always be faster cars and while you would have many other choices for the same dough, it is a truly unique automobile and an emotional experience to drive!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Besides, this thing will absolutely BLOW a standard TT Callaway down the drain in every aspect of performance! The brakes won’t fade even after running the car in back-to-back 20/25-minute track-sessions
JJ, driving a Callaway hard at the track really isn't an option anyway, so there is no comparison there. Don't get me wrong, the Callaway is awesome, and I love them. However the intercooler heat soaks really fast and according to the manual you can only use full power for a short period of time (it's either 30 or 60 seconds I can't remember). After that, you have to drive like a normal human being for the thing to cool off. It's fine for a street car, in fact it works really well, but tracking it hard isn't a good idea.

Greg

·
Registered
347 Posts
Although the price is high, and I sadly think this is more of a 18-22K car at most (no offense to the owner by the way!!), it is so refreshing to see an original owner GTV6 that has been treated so well and upgraded so completely. Most of the cars we are used to seeing for sale are in pretty pukey condition, or least have some sort of ******* somewhere needing to be addressed. This car truly seems like you could drive it away and take it to a track day and concours the very next day and win a prize at both! I hope this guy succeeds in maybe raising the profile of the humble GTV6 just one bar and gets the values of these underappreciated cars out of the basement.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree, it's also better than a Mondial.

Greg
Than an 8, sure, than a QV, I suppose, than a 3.2, doubtful, than a t, no. No way. And I paid $35K for my t back in the roaring aughts. Now you can get one for less than that.

Sure, driving this car would be it's own special thrill, but so is driving the t, laddies. So is driving the t!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,930 Posts
BIN on this car is $50k, and a nice Callaway is worth $30k.

50 - 30 = 20.

HTH.
Curses! You win this round, basic math skills!

·
Registered
379 Posts
VERY COOL CAR for sure. And props for all of this meticulous attention to detail building the car to be the ultimate gtv6. Maybe I'm just getting a little suprised to see people dump truck loads of money into a car for the fun/passion of doing so and then expect to get (a good portion) of their money back. Its generally just not how the passion for cars thing works...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts