Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 1 more left like the one in the picture.

I have 2 4th gears for sale.

Best clutch alignment tool there is.

I can cut the gear off if the buyer prefers. I personally like it on there. Because if you have to let go off the pressure plate. Its not going to slide off. The gear will stop it.

15.00 plus shipping with gear.

20.00 plus shipping with gear removed. The big cut off disc are not cheap.

Which should be around 9.00.

Attachments

Reactions: Gordon Raymond

·
Super Moderator
12,636 Posts
Golly! I've had one like that in use in my shop since .... 1965! It IS the best one. Gear on, it wiggles to align more easily.

Reactions: Jim G

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. I've been using one since 1986. Bolt the pressure plate up. Take a rubber mallet and tap around the gear. Until the shaft slides out easily. I've never had a problem getting a trans back in doing it this way.

Reactions: Gordon Raymond

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Either one will.

The shaft label one. Is actually out of a mechanical trans.

If you want one. Send me a PM with your mailing address.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I have one of these. But I wanted to pass on a trick from my now retired mechanic which I thought was brilliant. Simply side the clutch disk and pressure plate on the actual transmission shaft. Either put engine in or if engine in put transmission in. The tip of the shaft goes into the flywheel. Then slide clutch disk and pressure plate into position and bolt on pressure plate with the inspection cover removed, rotating engine/trans as necessary to get alll the bolts. Of course he had a hoist which made it easier, but still, no cursing trying to mate the two parts.

Reactions: Jim G

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one of these. But I wanted to pass on a trick from my now retired mechanic which I thought was brilliant. Simply side the clutch disk and pressure plate on the actual transmission shaft. Either put engine in or if engine in put transmission in. The tip of the shaft goes into the flywheel. Then slide clutch disk and pressure plate into position and bolt on pressure plate with the inspection cover removed, rotating engine/trans as necessary to get alll the bolts. Of course he had a hoist which made it easier, but still, no cursing trying to mate the two parts.
That will only work on the mechanical clutch cars. The hydraulic clutch cars starting in 1969 are a completely enclosed bell housing. No way to access the bolts.

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM answered.

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One left.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I’ll take it if you still have.
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ll take it if you still have.
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. The last one was spoken for not to long before you posted.

I'll have more sometime in the future.

·
Registered
1971 1750 Berlina; 1972 Fiat 124 Spider
57 Posts
And I thought mine was the ultimate. I works well, doubles as a pilot bushing removal tool, and the wood grain coordinates beautifully with my Ultimate Hydraulic Jack Transmission Lift Adapter.

Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Natural material Wood stain Lumber

1 - 16 of 16 Posts