Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any dealings with Elvezio Esposito when replacing vintage upholstery? I am working on a 61 sprint. Needs seat resto and door panels are O K on vinyl front but white fabric is toast. Should I be trying to work with door panels with a local guy,, previous experience has been problematic, or should I pay Elvezio the big bucks? My impression is that his work is pretty original but haven't seen work up close. Thanks as always for any advice. Gosh, I do love this site.

Best

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Upholstery for Giulietta Sprint

Best,

If you´re prepared to pay the money (plus pretty pricy shipping), he´s definately to recommend, does exellent work in eather original materials or very close to it.

Dennis
´62 1600 Giulia Spider
´62 1600 Giulia Sprint

P.S. Bought seat restos for both of my cars plus much more from him.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Rosso,
I too can recommend Elvezio Esposito, I bought a complete seat kit for a Fiat 600 about 7 years ago and it was really good. Always got admiring comments about the interior of that car.
I haven't seen their Sprint stuff myself though, but the company is top notch.
Ciao
Nick

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I ordered a seat kit for my Sprint from them and it was absolutely beautiful. It took about 8-9 days from the time I placed my order until the time I received them. Very quick turnaround! I am waiting for my upholstery guy to rebuild the foam and fit the seat kit right now or I would post pictures. The only downside is the weakness of the dollar versus the euro.

Chuck
59 Sprint

·
Registered
156 Posts
Contact Info?

I had my seats refinished (including derusting and repainting the frames) with OEM Italian fabric by Re-Originals. For all I know they get the fabric from Elvezio, but that have a local person, who really seems to know Alfas, to install the upholstery on the frames. The work was really very good, but it took a very long time and was pretty expensive, although I have to confess I don't know what someone else would have charged.

I need new door panels in red, and might go back to RO or try Elvizio. Can someone post the contact info for Elvizio? Also, I would be willing to trade a set of '63 black door panels in excellent condiition for a similar set of red.

Jeffrey

·
Registered
395 Posts
Finished Projects?

I'm almost ready for the last part of my 62 Sprint project- the interior. I'm really interested in how all your projects turned out, especially the Esposito kits? If you had to do it again would your recommend the kits vs a custom job? If anyone has time to post some pictures of their completed projects that would be great. Also- did anyone buy his door panel (101 Giulietta) kits?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Phil,

I'm still waiting to get my seats back from my upholstery guy or I could show you what they look like. Guess I shouldn't have told him that I was in no hurry to get them back......

I dealt directly with Donatella Esposito ([email protected]) when ordering my seats. She speaks English and was very prompt in responding to my emails. She should be able to send pics of the door panels since their website doesn't necessarily have everything pictured.

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts