Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alfettapb "Wish I could have driven a TZ2 in period across europe"

Not wishing to stir up controversy but clearly you have never driven a TZ2 on the road....the TZ 1 if you wish was a road/racer the TZ2 solely a racer...

Richard

·
Registered
503 Posts
Richards ...sure a number of TZ1's were road cars and not racers and the TZ2 used solely for racing in period....however one could say the T33 stradale was just a racer with two seats and that was a road coupe and also there is I believe on youtube but maybe since reomoved of period footage in the late 60's of some US enthusiasts of ITalian sports cars...I believe 3 had each a Ferrari GTO and the other a Ferrari 250 california spyder, driving though the Californian hills with hardly any traffic about...and the GTO was also solely a racer

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with most of you; driving nowadays a classic car will never be the same as driving it in '60-'70...too many things are different now...street regulation...safety concept...people mind ...

I'm quite young and no enough money to buy or just have an experience with a car like this by myself (even if I builted it ;-))) but what I really feel is that it seems like an experience to be done if you are a car addicted.
It is a mix of adrenaline for the engine sound, a pleasure for eyes and a satisfaction for engineers.
I'm mostly an engineer and I have discovered that those classic cars are really ...but really (... it's not just a word ...) masterpieces !!!

I guess that the best experiences we all could have nowadays is to partecipate to track days ...it would be very nice to rent a classic replica like TZ2 and drive some lap...
For sure the ownership of cars like that it is a different thing...a complete different experience.
Personally speaking I'm not really addicted to collectionism even if I would have enough money. Unfortunately the problem is not ;-)))

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Newalex,

What an absolutely stunning car that you have build ! I have the idea myself to build an Alfa TZ2 Replica, but seeing your incredible car I wonder, would you at all consider to build one more on order ? I would surely be very interested in ordering one from you.

I do hope to hear back from you, thank you very much for your time in advance !

Warmest regards
Niklas Walentin
Copenhagen,
Denmark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Questo è il nostro progetto, 25crmo4 per telaio, carrozzeria in fibra di vetro, doppia accensione motore, sedili interni in pelle.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts