Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own TZ1 #0047 and am looking to purchase a LH lower control arm or find someone with a jig who can fabricate one.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi Wildharte

Did you ever resolve your problem?

The solution is not straight forward but happy to explain if you give me a few more details...

Again, where are you located?

Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard,
I live in the USA. Since your initial reply to my post I was introduced to and spoke with 2 very knowledgeable and experienced vintage Alfa mechanics one (in CA and one in CT) who independently gave me similar approaches which is to remove the bowed LH lower control arm, crack test it, straighten it to match the RH lower control arm, re crack test it after straightening, possibly add a gusset plate to strengthen it; and if somewhere along that path that plan fails, have a new one fabricated using the original as a template. To supplement that plan I can also replace the upper control arms with GTA adjustable camber and castor arms to further tweak the settings. Since I don't race the car, if I can get the negative camber equal and correct per factory specs under the first part of this plan, I probably won't upgrade to the GTA upper control arms.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi Wildharte

Well, from my experience - 30+ years of TZ ownership - that advice is incorrect and for your info supported by AD/factory etc in period....

Please email at richard springett 23 at yahoo dot com delete spaces etc...

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts