Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the car wil be ready in a few months to be used again.
The car has been painted and put together, the engine will be reinstalled.
Hereby some pictures from the car after been to the panel beater, all the old bodyparts that have been made new are still there ( see the picture of the nose) and a picture of the car been painted .
I will put some more pictures on this thread asap.
greetings
Tonnie van der Velden

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The TZ is one of my favorite cars of all time (all marques included), so it's really cool for me to see this thread. Tonnie - thanks for sharing. I'll be looking forward to all the pictures.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Tz 750 006

Hereby some pictures from the car after been to the panel beater, all the old bodyparts that have been made new are still there ( see the picture of the nose) and a picture of the car been painted .
greetings
Tonnie van der Velden
Hello Tonnie,

Thank you for the great pictures! Was this the car that I saw at the january 2006 MECC exposition in Maastricht in the Netherlands? Is it correct that the body was restored by Labro?

Ciao, Olaf Roeten

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes Maurice Labro did the work to the body making the car look like it drove at LeMans 1964

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Great picture! Which car is is which chassisnumber?

Hello Tonnie,

Thanks for the update! Was this picture taken at Le mans in June 1964?

If I am correct, we see Giulia TZ nr. 57, the Businello-Deserti car, that finished 13th overall and first in class of GT 1301-1600 cc.
Giulia TZ nr. 41 is the Biscaldi-Sala car that finished 15th overall and second in class of GT 1301-1600 cc.
Giulia TZ nr. 40 is the Rolland-Masoero car that retired in the 5th hour due to an accident.

I have some questions on the picture:

Do we see TZ 750006 together with TZ 750011?
Do you know the chassisnumber of the third car? Could that be TZ 750022?
And according to some, TZ 750006 started life as a silver car.
Is TZ 750006 the silver(?) car with nr. 40 or the red car with nr. 41?

Could you shed light on these questions? Thank you very much!!

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoi Olaf,

Nr 41 is 006
Nr 40 is 003
Nr 57 is 011

006 has been raced a long time in silver or without any paint, but autodelta build the car for Alfa romeo for the LeMans race and then it was red.
But the car has been raced until 1987 when we bought the car then it was bare alloy or to say silver.

greetings,
Tonnie

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thanks for the information!

Hoi Olaf,

Nr 41 is 006
Nr 40 is 003
Nr 57 is 011

006 has been raced a long time in silver or without any paint, but autodelta build the car for Alfa romeo for the LeMans race and then it was red.
But the car has been raced until 1987 when we bought the car then it was bare alloy or to say silver.

greetings,
Tonnie
Hello Tonnie,

Thanks for the information!

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tonnie,

Hereby some more photos of # 006 during Le mans.
Original pictures can be picked up when your nereby.

Regards, Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Estimation of the price for TZ1 #750006

This TZ1 #750006 that will be offered by RM auctions at de Villa D'Este Concours is currently featured in a Dutch Classic Car Magzine (Het Automobiel). In the magizine, 'real' TZ1's are estimated to trade around 400.000 Euro. Considering the car's history and excellent condition, the price for this TZ1 could still be a lot higher.

Also a rare 1963 Giulietta SZ Coda Tronca will be offered for sale.

RM AUCTIONS

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is gone to America, to a very lucky person, I will really miss the car.
The Certificate of Authenticity has arrived and will be send to the new owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
greetings
Tonnie van der Velden
In 1965, the Giulia TZ of Luciano Bianchi and Jean Rolland was among the cars participating in the 49th edition of the Targa Florio. Meanwhile, Alfa Romeo presented the Giulia GTA and other prestigious Italian manufacturers elaborated prototypes of great charm and amazing performances. Abarth realized the OT 1600 capable of 172 hp (DIN) and a speed of 240 km/h. On the other hand, Ferrari proposed the Dino 166/P, a GT with a 180 hp (DIN) V-6 engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice Abarth OT 1600

It has wonderful lines - I don't think I've ever seen a picture of one. It reminds me of the one-off Jaguar XJ-13, a favorite of mine. Given the 1966 debut date for the English car, I wonder if Jag was "inspired" ;) .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts