Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you will a little extra cash to spend and who fancy a trip to Paris, here's what you can buy on Dec 12:-

No affiliation except i used to own one of the cars almost 15 years ago.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
The TZ is a project, which doesn't come up that often for the model. Still, a lot of money. The TZ register has very little history on it, no listed racing history. Nice to see a white one.
Andrew

·
Registered
284 Posts
The TZ is a project, which doesn't come up that often for the model. Still, a lot of money. The TZ register has very little history on it, no listed racing history. Nice to see a white one.
Andrew
Saw a TZ1 recently in the flesh. So incredible in person! Pictures don't do them justice. A big thrill for an Alfa guy like me.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
There was a talented mechanic and restorer from Vancouver BC who would drive his down the freeway to South Seattle, drive it on the track at SIR, then drive it home. They're small, loud, fast, fantastic.

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
Felix Duremberg, or a name like that? Blue car?
I got to ride an hour or so back from Marin in the black/red one restored here a couple years ago, yes my ears hurt but it was worth it.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Worth it! Fritz Duernberger or close. This one was red. He had a tiny SZ as well, and vintage Italian motorcycles. He and his wife came to our club picnic in the SZ in the late 80's (?).

<EDIT>

·
Premium Member
24,132 Posts
Conrad used to drive up in his SS (with his then-toddlers) and vintage race at the various NW tracks including Westwood, remembers running against him. I have some pics of his car in an album I inherited from Larry Jones who had a TZ and a GTA at that time.
Andrew

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saw a TZ1 recently in the flesh. So incredible in person! Pictures don't do them justice. A big thrill for an Alfa guy like me.
I think you might like this video if you like the TZ. My mom use to race a TZ back in the 60's, and I was at Pebble Beach for the big reveal after it had been beautifully restored. But the capper is my ride at the end of the video - stop signs were optional!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Anyone seriously interested in the TI Super needs to do some serious checking.... No engine number provided the cam cover not original and carbs should be 45 DCOE 14s! Door trim appears correct, but floor covering definitely not.

Never heard of ally doors, boot and hood on a TIS. It may also be poor translation/wording but rear screen always glass, but all door windows have plastic option....

Etc....

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Both Fritz and his lovely wife alive and well, I try and visit with him everytime I visit family in North Vancouver BC Still has a time capsule Berlina and 67 GTV. Still finding restoring and selling lots of vintage road bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts