Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - couple quick questions after doing some search

1) Are 1750 and 2.0l driveshafts different, correct?
2) GT and Spider driveshafts are different lengths, correct?

Just trying to figure out what parts I can reuse from the 2.0 Spider donor car for the '66 GT.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys-I got confirmation that the driveshafts are not the same length and are thus not interchangeable. Apparently the GTV ones are longer.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Hi guys-I got confirmation that the driveshafts are not the same length and are thus not interchangeable. Apparently the GTV ones are longer.
Yes, a GT has a longer wheelbase than a spider, so its driveshaft needs to be that much longer. So GT and spider (and sedan) shafts are not interchangable.

However, 105-115 shafts from GT's would interchange. The same U-joint is used for 1750's and 2L's (see: https://www.centerlinealfa.com/driveshaft-axle/2045)

Yes, the flanges that attach to the U joints have 9mm holes on a 2L and 8mm on a 1750, but that's not really part of the driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
14,000 Posts
I am pretty sure that the front section of the driveshafts is the same and the length differences are in the rear section.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Spider, GTV and Giulia Berlina front section are the same length. Berlina 1750/2000 is longer. Rear section of Spider is the shortest, then GTV medium and all Berlina (Giulia, 1750, 2000) are long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts