Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the good news on this April Fool's Day is no joke - no mayo under oil cap on my 164B Originale.

Been driving it all week and enjoying the 5-speed shifting.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it just condensation or did you have to retorque?
I did so many things including head retorque, installing the extreme low temp PCV factory bulletin kit, changing oil and cooking moisture out of valve covers under a propane heater.

Hope it holds up now that weather may soon be warmer.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
You are the busiest guy I've ever encountered...I get tired just trying to keep up with your posts!

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see how I had time for a day job years ago. Retirement really takes up your time.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
All right - no MAYO. Congrats on the repair. Very gratifying fixing long standing chores.

·
Premium Member
16,695 Posts
"I don't see how I had time for a day job years ago. Retirement really takes up your time"

Exactly!! Isn't it wonderful. Seems I spend every other day fixing things, but that is generally fun, as I do it on my schedule. Still have time, though, for traveling here and overseas, fiddling with three Alfas, building a computer driven telescope, putting together a large N scale train layout, etc.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
It took me almost a year to not feel driven to accomplish as much as possible each and every day...
I'm always busy but the schedule has changed drastically-not a straight work day and I jump from task to task as I want.

My son and 3 of his buds from all over the country are converging here for the Ouachita Challenge mountain bike race. They are highly competitive and place high every year. My job is to provide sleeping arrangements and load 'em with carbs tomorrow. Then I'm the caddy at the checkpoints. The race is Sunday.
I still found time to wash 3 Alfas and check their essential operating parameters as they are all drivers. Mowed the front lawn so they can fish in the pond in front of mi casa, organized sleeping arrangements, and sorted a bunch of Milano parts.
It's 7 pm and I'm having a glass of adequate red wine. Life is good.
Del- I have a pal who is a serious N scale RR modeler. He builds roundhouses, etc. based on a specific time frame in west Texas. He's a geek, but does some amazing stuff.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
I'm still working:( It's really cutting into my Alfa fix it time and repair/upgrade of the "new to me" house. We left at 4:30p yesterday after work to drive 250 miles to Portland. Got up at 7:15a, had breakfast and went to Portland North Pick N Pull where there was supposed to be a Berlina with good seats. Turned out to be a Sud, so left at 10:30a to drive back. Picked up the trailer pre loaded with parts from the greenhouse and drove to the new house. Unloaded the parts, assembled the 164 fuel pump with new rubber seal and submersible hose (thanks Steve) and stuffed it in the tank with sealing washers from Home Depot. Stopped at 8:00p. Tomorrow I'll test the fuel pump with pressure guage on the fuel manifold. Have to go to work for 2:00p Sat for a special event:( , then back to work on Sun for the start of the regular work week.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Really glad to hear that Originale is still running strong.

I've found that office work is cutting in to my time spent with Joe-the-landscaper's 164 in my garage. Haven't posted here in a while simply because of prioritising time in my garage where possible. Weekend hopefully looking good for bringing it all together.

-Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts