Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
Just stumbled across this CL listing. Might be a scam but if I was out in that neck of the woods would love to stop by and check it out. Of course no affiliation, etc.etc.Major,Major Estate sale !!!!
That does sound a little fishy, but hey, what could go wrong on Friday the 13th?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I've heard of these estate sales. Over here, a major estate sale is handled by Sotheby's, not some kind of 6-hour affair conducted in the back yard. Cannot understand why a house would need to be cleared in one day, but what do I know! If I was in the area, I would definitely take a look.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I even did a Google Earth fly by hoping to see a couple Duettos in the back yard. Must have them hidden from prying satellites.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Someone should definitely check it out. Might be a cheap source of spare parts.

In my neighborhood estate sales typically run from Friday to Sunday, so the listing information may be incomplete.

A few months ago I stopped by an estate sale for a serious Jaguar guy. There was a car, spare engines, parts, manuals, car magazines Jaguar and other, tools, .... The stuff all sold.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've used my resources and they swung by the house. Here's the info and a pic.

Mid 80's spider and a mid 70's spider (approx. 76 or so) Both thrashed and covered in junk. Interior is trashed on both. Uncovered in that heat is brutal.

Apparently the house is a major hoarder's house and they're being evicted tomorrow. (judging by warning notices at the house.)

I too was hoping for two duetto's or GTVs.... No such luck. It's probably for the best as I have too many as it is!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Alfajay..... ok... you sold me. I'll paypal you $300, for each of those cars. You can keep the magazines on top of my new Ferrari. Good talk. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
ChiapC; Thanks for the pictures! You saved me a 100 mile (each way) trip...

Yesterday I had asked for a day off and was planning to drive from Orange County to Palm Dessert early in the morning but last night after seeing your pictures I called the trip off.

and yes... I was dreaming of a GTV or an old boat tail... LOL

·
Registered
557 Posts
You're very welcome. I likely would've made the same trip if my brother wasn't able to get away from work to take a sneak peak.
Could've been a steal of a century.

Still may be a great deal if you needed engines or hard to find parts.... And had room!

If somebody on here ends up getting them, please share pics and details!

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
I would bet that inside that house are some real goodies, but the work involved to find them would be intensive. If I was going there I'd make sure my tetanus boosters were up to date for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts