Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
WOW!!!!

Wow those are 2 very nice GTV'S! I especially like the color of the Orange one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anthony, that red race car looks awsome! I sent the guy an e-mail on that orange one but he did not get back to me yet. Did you see the orange one also. Is it street legal or just for the track? Do you know where are the cars are located?

By the way, I had a compression test on my car a few months ago and I think they said all the cylinders were around "175". What does this mean? How does it relate to 10:1 or 12:1. What is normal and when is it time for an overhaul?

Thanks
Ping

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
italcarguy said:
which leads me to this... FOR SALE, ya'll know what this car is capable of.
italcarguy said:
I bought the red race car so, just the orange one is left for sale.

---- Someone's babbling here.

If you really are selling that red car in the picture, I'll give you 500 bucks. And no, I don't know it's capablities. Does it fly? If not, I don't want it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, I thought you guys were serious (I am so gullible). The seller did respond back to me. The cars are in Miami. Good thing, otherwise, I would have to sell off everthing I own, and not eat or feed the kids for a few months so I can buy that orange gtv.

Ping

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
hey ping...
175 is good compression for your car. don't worry.

yeah, it was supposed to be a belated april fools joke. while that red gtv is an awesome looking car and probably goes pretty fast, i could not part with my car.

both cars look really cool. any alfa bb members from florida ever see these cars? let us know how they are "in the flesh"

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Very nice Alfa Romeo's in Miami... uhhhhh Italian car, italian mob city.

I can just picture me knocking on the door.
"ka ka ka ka cann i uhh see the Alfa?"
"err you ehtalian"
"no"
"then gettta here you mook!"

Now I can picture me rolling up, frontin like I's itals yo!

"so ehh can I see the car mistro?"
"sure buddy! but the but the carrr is no fo sale"
"you wan eh a deliervy"
" of course me guido, take eh the GTV and the cocaina to california!"

(sorry i have stupid dreams and visualizations)

italcarguy said:
hey ping...
yeah, it was supposed to be a belated april fools joke.
...yeah 23 days late

·
Registered
880 Posts
Mann People still disrespecting Italian's with stereo types!
In a VERY small way i thought it was amusing.
After your post i would stay out of Miami J/K
Ciao

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The cars are really pretty, BUT there seems to be some inconsitency in the descriptons...

I sure hope the 1900 monosleeve/ 16V head/ sliding plate engine is in a crate somewhere, as that motor IN the car has a SPICA-Weber conversion kit on it.

And another project for a TS head- remember, except for the very modern engines, there are no 16v TS engines.

I think this person was trying to sell the engine parts on e-bay a while ago, as he abandoned fixing the 16V/ monosleeve engine for the TS engine. So I think these are parts....

BTW, if it is the same guy/ parts, I e-mailed Don Black about the head and block- while there are a few 1900 monosleeve blocks floating around the US, according to him, there are less than 10 16V heads that he orginially sold here.

For those racing collectors, these parts are somewhat of a holy grail, since they are SO rare.

From what I recall in our notes back to the seller, the 1900/16V is not complete at all. However, in conversations with Jim Steck, one could actually get the parts to finish it. Not as easily as making a $2003 turbo Alfa, but it can be done...

Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts