Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it was bizarre enough to see the chock-brown sub-16K mile ' 86 on fleaBay trade for so low last week - potential bushing and timing belt service not withstanding; it has under 16K miles on it and appears to be in perfect condition...!

It blows me away - what with 12-13-14K USD examples with 4-5-6 times the miles trading in the past year or so. Nice as those were, here was an ' 86 with 15,XXX miles on it, selling for under 11K!

Then, just as I pick my jaw up off of the floor, along comes a mystery member here last night and drops off his newest purchase; a silver ' 84 with black leather and 18K original miles on the odo! UNBELIEVABLE - like a time-capsule!

The thing is BRAND NEW - it looks like it just came off of the showroom floor!

Every switch, every dial - everything works and it is all brand new! The leather is brand new and soft - the door seals and rubbers aren't all shrunk or any of that - the steering-wheel is untouched! All of the trim is dark, bright, black and chrome and unblemished...

It smells BRAND NEW inside! What a pleasure to see (and touch.)

I won't divulge the price or the member's name unless he pops up - it is not my place - but how weird is it to see two of these cars with miles in their teens come up for air in the same week!?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Make it three. A few weeks ago I bought sub 17,000 mile 1985 GTV6. The car had been setup as a club track car, and then taken off the road in 1994. It has a number of period upgrades such as Shankle suspension, Spax shocks, fiberglass bumpers, and Ronal A-1's. Here are some pics:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
These are just the coolest cars in the world - simple as that.

David B.
Oakland
1986 GTV-6 (Black-62k)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Make it three. A few weeks ago I bought sub 17,000 mile 1985 GTV6. The car had been setup as a club track car, and then taken off the road in 1994. It has a number of period upgrades such as Shankle suspension, Spax shocks, fiberglass bumpers, and Ronal A-1's. Here are some pics:
Unfortunately, for many of us, those "period" upgrades are nearly up to date on these transaxle cars!

I've recently upgraded to Shankle stuff :rolleyes:

I'd still pay mucho dinero for Ronals too! Nice car, how much was it? I'm VERY envious.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I don't see the Ronal A1's - came separate? The A1 is one of the best looking wheels on the Alfetta, GTV6, and 75 IMHO. In Europe many 75s had that wheel (added by owners), but I rarely see the 5x98 in the US.
Jes

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What are those transparent bubbles on the headligts? Protection? Aerodynamics? Seems like direct fit for gtv6 but I have never seen those before. Great car!
They are a soft plastic cover meant to protect the flat euro headlights. They are held in by the retaining ring that holds the light in place. I remember seeing these in the 70's and 80's, but since the 5 3/4" inch headlights are no longer popular its been a while since I have seen these for sale.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I don't see the Ronal A1's - came separate? The A1 is one of the best looking wheels on the Alfetta, GTV6, and 75 IMHO. In Europe many 75s had that wheel (added by owners), but I rarely see the 5x98 in the US.
Jes
The Ronals came with a set of flat-spotted, dry-rotted R rated Yokohama's. The tires on the wineglass wheels were in much better shape so I am using those for now. It will get new tires in the Spring after coming out of hibernation.

·
Registered
625 Posts
those protectors are sweet, I want some!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Maybe some have seen my contributions here on this forum, without knowing my background in ownership. So here a couple of photos of my cars.

The grey is a 81 model 3L which I have owned since 83. It has 22.500mls (36.oookm) on the clock. It has about 200Hp and sportsexhaust. Wheels Compomotive CX 8X15/ 9X15 with Bridgestone RE 540 215/50 an 225/50. Touring car for journeys to Nürburgring. Not been there yet...

The red car is a 85 model 3L 200Hp, which I have owned since 06. It has 6200 mls(10.000km) on the clock. It was rebuilt to street race spec when new but only a few outings, therefore the low mileage. So almost new. The wheels are Braid 8.5 X16 with Bridgestone 225/45R16 RE-55S tires. The car weighs 980 kg and it´s approved for racing in this country. Raced this year by my son.

A third, silver coloured 3L car is owned by my son...been on the Nürburgring.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice!

Nice GTV6 Zin! I've always liked the way they look in white. It's always good to see another nice example in our area. Did you have the opportunity to bring it to Road America last weekend for the CAROC event? I couldn't go unfortuntely, but hope to be back at it next season. Congratulations.

Marco

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hi Gabor, do you have more pictures of your cars? They look sweet!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Thanks Grant, some more photos on request.

After we realized we would never be able to have a car functioning properly on road as well as on track, it was necessary with different cars for each purpose. The grey car is a regular looking car for the road with some extras, while the red car is rather normal looking car with much extras for the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Love the look of the old compomotives! Wish I could find some nice period looking wheels like that ... the Braids look really good in black. Both really fill the wheel well just right. I looked at the Braid website, but no prices, how do they price compared to other wheels, high end? medium?

GV

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Geez, looks great. Please divulge ALL of your specs! More pics would be great too. Seriously, I'm saving them all!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got to drive in a completely stock 86 gtv6 with 36,000 miles on it this past summer. It blew my mind away! It was like a new car, no electrical bugs, no dash cracks and you could eat off of the engine. It is good to see that the market is increasing some a little for these cars. They are much more special than most people think!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts