Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From SF CL. Not my cars.
Andrew

ESTATE SALE - July 23 & 24 / SAT & SUN (Cotati)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-21, 8:36PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday and Sunday we will be selling the contents of a country home and partial contents of the barn.

SATURDAY & SUNDAY, July 23 & 24 - 8 AM til 3 PM
9190 WATER ROAD, COTATI, CA 94931

THE FURNITURE: 2 dining tables(1 teak and 1 walnut), 4 chairs, a Baldwin Acronsonic console mahogany piano in beautiful condition, an Antique settee, game table, occasional chairs & tables, a marble top ****tail table, a queen size bed and more.

THE COLLECTIBLES: a collection of Chinese Tang horses, a Champleve Imperial sailing vessel, a Chinese silk carpet, a very unusual large porcelain lamp with a girl on a working swing, lots of crystal, many other porcelain pieces, Roseville, Weller, Indian and other pottery, art, a full kitchen, collectible model cars, stamps, lots of costume jewelry, linen, lots of other collectibles and more.

THE BARN: a John Deere Model 401 D tractor with bucket and scraper and only 857 hours on it; new rings and pistons too!

Two(2) ALFA ROMEO - 2000 GT Veloce, 1974 cars, with many, many, many extra parts (sold as a package only). Did I mention there a lot of parts? Extra engines and transmissions too. Also there are lots of hand and power tools.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wow! I wonder what happened today with these cars? I can't go Sunday, only been to Cotati once, its literally at the EDGE of the world, one way in, one way out, if you try another you will fall off! ncng

From SF CL. Not my cars.
Andrew

ESTATE SALE - July 23 & 24 / SAT & SUN (Cotati)

Date: 2011-07-21, 8:36PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

On Saturday and Sunday we will be selling the contents of a country home and partial contents of the barn.

SATURDAY & SUNDAY, July 23 & 24 - 8 AM til 3 PM
9190 WATER ROAD, COTATI, CA 94931

THE FURNITURE: 2 dining tables(1 teak and 1 walnut), 4 chairs, a Baldwin Acronsonic console mahogany piano in beautiful condition, an Antique settee, game table, occasional chairs & tables, a marble top ****tail table, a queen size bed and more.

THE COLLECTIBLES: a collection of Chinese Tang horses, a Champleve Imperial sailing vessel, a Chinese silk carpet, a very unusual large porcelain lamp with a girl on a working swing, lots of crystal, many other porcelain pieces, Roseville, Weller, Indian and other pottery, art, a full kitchen, collectible model cars, stamps, lots of costume jewelry, linen, lots of other collectibles and more.

THE BARN: a John Deere Model 401 D tractor with bucket and scraper and only 857 hours on it; new rings and pistons too!

Two(2) ALFA ROMEO - 2000 GT Veloce, 1974 cars, with many, many, many extra parts (sold as a package only). Did I mention there a lot of parts? Extra engines and transmissions too. Also there are lots of hand and power tools.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well Cotati is 10 minutes away for me. I was there at 8 am this morning to check it out. Tons of parts along with two decent resto candidates. They've been parked in the barn since 1995 and have less that 100K miles each. There's money to be made...where's Larry?

I prefer earlier models and don't care for Spica injection being at such a distance from Wes Ingram. A friend called me at noon and said they are still available. I was surprised.

I would be happy to be a buyers agent and will head over in the morning if someone needs a hand securing this lot.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here's a photo of one of the cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
How many GTVs must there be like this in the world

Certainly worth saving. Might even be able to get your money out of it if the parts are there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Ross,
I've got a '74 "daily driver" that's complete and runs well but has a tired (rusty) body. If the Prugna one shown has very little to no rust, I'm interested. Don't need all those parts that are piled in the engine compartment, etc., just to body. If you end up at the auction acting as the agent for folks wanting various parts of the auction package I'm good for the body if the price is right...what ever that means. If you plan to go there and see this as a possibility call me and we can discuss further. 303-548-4318 or email [email protected].
Mike
P.S. When you say Larry are you referring to Larry Buskirk ? He serviced the GTV that I have for the previous owner. Very nice and helpful person(s) - both Larry and the previous owner.

·
Registered
570 Posts
P.S. When you say Larry are you referring to Larry Buskirk ? He serviced the GTV that I have for the previous owner. Very nice and helpful person(s) - both Larry and the previous owner.
I was referring to Larry Dickman, Alfa Parts Exchange.

I've got your number and will call if things seem to go your direction.

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I considered going, but I have too many cars already and literally nowhere to put them. Was there an asking price, highest bid, or what?
Andrew

·
Registered
570 Posts
Twin Prugnas

They are looking for $6K. Here are some photos from this morning. Both car were running when parked in 1995.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
More photos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics; these cars are well beyond any level of project I'd want to take on now.
"Ran when parked" is really useless info, but sellers sure say it a lot, regardless of how long since parked (16 years in this case). Not slamming you Ross, but the sellers, and sellers in general, for such statements.
Thanks, I'll keep to the $500 Mopar projects for now.
Andrew

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just reporting. Surely all systems would need to be gone through. the sheet metal is much better than most Alfas I've come across, including my own 69 GTV

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
These would be great candidates for Larry, since he has the means to get all that stuff out of them. For anyone else these would be full restoration projects, and the one will need bodywork. I just don't have that kind of time these days, as temping as they were. And I personally wouldn't pay more than $1k for each, as they both look like they need a full restoration.

Two for $6k would have been a great deal if they ran. Two projects for $6k is way too much.

Ross, thanks so much for answering questions and posting photos. I hope someone can save them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Ross,
A hardy thanks from this corner as well for you reports, comments and photos. I was in the same price range as Archeologist i.e. $ 1,000 per/vehicle. Who knows, the story may not be over yet. Again thanks for your unselfish effort.
Mike

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I wasn't sniping. I appreciate the pics and info too; saved me a trip.
Andrew

·
Registered
570 Posts
No worries mates! I enjoyed checking it out since it was so close to home. My son's best friend lives right next door to this barn and had no idea that there were Alfas in there.

Thanks to Andrew for providing the First Alert.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
And my usual comment, anybody here rescue them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts