Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Got home from a weekend trackday to find i had lost a bit of coolant. I checked all the hoses and joins, nothing there. Heard an odd squeeky/rattly noise, and saw my waterpump was sometimes tracing a bit of a wobbly orbit :(

I have tracked a replacement one down, just asking on here about removal/installing the new one. I did a quick search, and couldnt figure out if the ignition pointer was going to be a problem of not so thought id ask.

Craig i have you manuals (cheers!), but unfortuantely the engine pages with the waterpump are missing! Anyone able to give me a quick step through of the process before i start?

It has the bolt on pulley if that changes anything..

Thanks
Jess

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Jess

It's an easy job, so don't worry too much... Some people cut off the pointer to save removing the front pulley. but it's no major drama to remove the pulley as long as you have the correct socket.. 34 or 36 mm I think.

Just put a breaker bar on the socket and rest it against the chassis rail. Then turn the ignition key to flick the starter (remove the coil leads if you are worried about it starting) this will easily undo the nut for you. The rest is fairly self explanatory as everything is visible so there are no hidden surprises.

Cheers
Phil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts