Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to import a twin spark from a 75. Can anyone who has done this before share with me the approximate size and weight when packed? What shippers have people used to import an engine? Any advice/guidance that you can share?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can look it all up but from where are you getting the engine? Europe, Australia, South America? I've seen them for sale on just about every continent.

It cost me circa $650 to bring a pair of TSs in from Milan two years ago. The person that I bought then from crated them and made all of the shipping arrangements. It took around two months for them to arrive in California. I could have paid more and had them air freighted. I just had to pay one guy even though it appeared from the paperwork that several different agencies/companies were involved.

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It would be coming from Italy (Vincenza). It would be a great help if you could look up the details, including the shipper if possible. I've been getting wildly divergent quotes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
What are they worth?
I've got one sitting in my shed (Aust.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the condition of course. The one I was looking at had a fresh valve job and was in good shape. The owner wanted 600 Euro. Unfortunately I didn't move fast enough! Interested in selling the one you have? :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought one for 1200 Euro that was meant to be a runner but on tear down, it wasnt. it didnt have a ported head, reground cams and a new timing chain so I think it was ok value for money. so I would say 700 -900 euro is the going rate but assume everything needs rebuilding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts