Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having a gas leak a couple days ago and so today I started taking things apart in the area of the leak. Hoping it was an o-ring or something simple. I took some cotton swabs to clean out the injector port on the leaking one and found the aluminum is not so nice looking anymore. This manifold is one modified by Jim Steck for Spica throttle bodies, so I can't just swap it for a good spare. If this is terminal, I will have to send out a spare to him for another graft of the Spica throttle bodies.

Is there anything that can be done to repair it. Can it be bored out for a different or larger injector? Can it be bored out for some type of insert? Can I wrap the injector in teflon tape and stuff it back in there?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just lube the oring with some grease like inside bearing one and reasembly it. Should be fine

Wysłane z mojego SNE-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my kind of answer. Thanks for the quick reply stuntmachine. I hope others concur. Even if it works for a while, it will buy me some time.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reassembled and do not seem to have any leaks from the injector. The rail seems be getting a little wet with fuel in the middle though. That would be another story since this rail has a Spica bell crank for the throttle bodies welded to it. I will have to remove it completely one day and examine more and possible have someone weld it.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some leaking has resumed and it is not from the base of the injector. Certainly comes from the top. Purchased one injector set of orings and am installing them. They are the same size top and bottom. Two in a box. Visually they appear the same size as the ones that came off. The top one though, is not really snug on the injector the way the bottom one is. It can rotate and a slight wobble. Is that normal? Does it squeeze up tight when the rail is pressed down? I have re installed the rail and have not yet started the car or pressurized the rail.

Thanks,
20191116_104925.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts