Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to piece together this twin pod instrument panel. The turn signal indicator is housed in a little "bump" between the twin pods. The instrument panel has two tiny holes where the "bump" is supposed to sit. I have the "bump" and a tiny screw (pictured on the left) that goes into it, however it's still much too large to go through the instrument panel - which has two holes anyway, not one. It seems I'm missing something between the instrument panel and the "bump".
What's the solution?
(Pic is upside down.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
The silver push button is screwed into the hole shown on the metal tab on underside of the indicator lamp 'cowl'. There is a mating shallow U-shaped channel piece fastened to the dash between the instrument pods into which the cowl is slid and locked into place, while at the same time, feeding the indicator lamp and its bulb holder into the indicator lens in the cowl. Fiddly job ! I found it easier to take off one of the pod cowls to get a bit more freedom to move around.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Right, the housing clips on. Otherwise it would be a major operation to replace the bulb.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! About the bulb change, though... you can always just pull out the plastic part, like with any of the other Duetto-style indicators, can't you?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I hacked a solution, thanks. New question :) The pods have a huge screw thinge on the back, OK, but there's also a small hole on the dash which line up with a similar hole on the bottom of the pods. Needless to say, I don't have anything there - I guess there supposed to be a bolt or something to stabilize the pods?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
If I am not mistaken, one of these is used by the knurled trip odometer reset knob which projects down under the dash. As for the other....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked; there's no way the reset knob would fit through the hole, it wouldn't be easily accessible anyway and the cable would have to be bent painfully. I'm pretty sure it comes out on the back. So I still say both holes are there to fix the pods somehow.

Another new question: I thought the pods would be parallel, but if I fix them in place, they seem to be 'centered'. Is it intentional or is the dash corrupted?

(OK, I know it's a pretty ragtag dash but it's a very, very low cost project. I promise I'll remove and repaint it someday.)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts