Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one has been in the family the longest. Needs fuel injection work to run trouble-free. Is missing Air pump ? I believe- a mechanic long ago removed and said was not neccessary.

This car miraculously survived fire in storage facility(1994) in Warsaw, IN.
Every other car & anything else was melted rubble.

Dug it out-put battery in-started up-drove home!

The fire was 4,000 degrees with fire tornadoes/wall supports melted/wood bay door totally burned and fell into car bay/full tank of gas/burned wood on top of canvas top/nothing melted...THE POWER OF A HOLY WATER BLESSING.
AMEN.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Very pretty

I like the color. Is it a factory original color? I just bought an '81 and can't wait to get it off the jackstands and drive it around. Mine needs tires, brakes and some minor engine tune-up work. It looks like yours is ready to go. Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, Robert!
No, the original color was brown-bronze-don't know official factory name.
It is in the shop-has been forever..no one much around here that will work on an Alfa Romeo! Saw the hood up on her yesterday! Called my mechanic..oil leak also..see how bad..probably why oil in anti-freeze...? runs too rich..sent him all the info I could scoop up...It has taken so long that now I should get him to fix on the 164S for winter/OR just have him look at non functioning heater on 79 spider and try to purchase a hard top.
THANK-YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT! CIAO!!!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Sorry to hear its still in the shop.

Sorry to hear yours is still in the shop as well. I am kind of handy, but by no means an Alfa mechanic! However, I will try and learn as much as I can about it so I can do most of the mechanical work myself.

I have a company car I use day-to-day here in sunny California, so I have time to work on my spider. The only problem is my impatience. I want to start driving it as soon as possible, but am throttling this with a strong dose of ‘wanting to get the car right’.

Eventually, I might want to do a complete restoration. But my goals over the next few weeks are to get it safe and drivable. The soul needs to be filled with some great driving experiences first before I see it in chunks on the floor my garage. We mechanics need motivation. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts