Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Same problem today with my '74 Spider. All light, no flash. So I too am interested in location of flasher. (Suspect that it's under the dash, but where?)

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same problem today with my '74 Spider. All light, no flash. So I too am interested in location of flasher. (Suspect that it's under the dash, but where?)

Thanks
Bob,

I'm loosing my mind, my problem is also with my 74, that part is behaving on my 87 Quad. 2 Alfa's, twice the challenges and fun!

Mike

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The flasher for the 87 is indeed in the fusebox but it's location differs depending on the type of fusebox. For early fuseboxes with bullet fuses, the flasher is on the second row down, second from the left. For the later blade style fuseboxes, it's on the second row all the way to the right.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the rock auto thermo flashers are incorrect for both the 74 and 87; though it might be possible to jury-rig on a 74. The original flasher, for the USA from at least 71 on, were electronic.

Jim, I may have been mis-informed, wasn't the fusebox change to blade mid-86?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I don't recall if there was a chassis number listed with the change but the parts books (microfiche actually) show the change as having occurred in 1987.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I may have a good used flasher for the fusebox (87) The original type for the 74 is hard to find and may not be available new, you can substitute a VW or BMW four prong from that era which are still available (aftermarket and dealer), each prong (terminal) has a number (din code) just match the numbers. You can also use a generic American four prong electronic flasher, but you'll have to do some figuring as the identification system for the prongs is different. With either approach your signals will flash, but not always the indicator.
As to your signature, try clicking on 'user cp" then "edit signature"

PS - the 74 original type maybe repairable, do a search

·
Registered
634 Posts
Guys, thanks for all the info!

Another task to add to my ever growing list of Alfa to-do's. Meanwhile my left hand will provide manual flashing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts