Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to this forum so please pardon if the question has been asked before. Does any other Alfa model share the same turn signal column switch part (with the 3 handles) with the '75 Spider? I'm really reluctant to part with $400 for a new switch but the only switches I see offered used are for an Alfetta. Wondering if it's the same thing. Alternately, is there some simple fix for a 'floppy' set of controls?

Thanks, Steve

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,389 Posts
Does any other Alfa model share the same turn signal column switch part (with the 3 handles) with the '75 Spider?
Your question is a little confusing, as the turn signal / light switch on a '75 Spider has two levers - not three. One lever controls the parking & headlights, while the other is for the turn signals. What's that third handle on your switch?

Other 105 Alfas of the 1960's - 1970's era used that same switch. I'm no expert on Alfettas but I doubt their headlight/TS switch interchanges with 105 series cars.

is there some simple fix for a 'floppy' set of controls
I wouldn't call it "simple", but see the excellent write-up at: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/429249-inside-combination-switch-exterior-light.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Very good information. You're correct. Only two handles on the one side. I need to get more knowledgeable on the model/series of Alfas to figure out the 105s. The detail you provided for disassembling the column switch are terrific! Very helpful!

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts