Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got it sorted now, was sent part of the elearn electrical manual which luckily showed the pins.
pin 1 power +12V
pin2 signal
pin 3 ground

Thanks for the input.

Managed to turn the power on to all the new wiring today, a couple of minor faults corrected & all is fine.
Turned on the ECU as well & all the sensors & triggers work so a good result, just need to tidy up the wiring and wrap it all..................

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Been nusy the last week & managed to get all the wiring completed (well 99%) and its all tested and working - there were a couple of minor faults, but nothing major...
The car was origonally done with a lot of fuses & relays & I have Continued the same theme, so I ended up with 47 fuses, 21 Relays + 4 relays & 4 fuses for the ECU.

Everything works on the car and all the Sensors & pickups work on the Engine. If it had pistons in it, then It would be ready to test!

ECU.jpg

P3180419_resize.jpg

P3180420_resize.jpg

Thats it for now, as i have to go away to work this week.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
118 Posts
G'Day boys. This is my new project!
I've been in contact with the boys at Hawk.
I was considering bringing one over to Australia.
I want to get the thing registered in Sydney, although, I'm not sure where to start! Compliance here in Australia is quite strict.
My preference for the moment would be the 3L V6 or the 3.2 GTA motor. Get the thing here and i'll work on it from here.
I need to know if the car can be registered though. I need help!!
Daniel

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
G'Day boys. This is my new project!
I've been in contact with the boys at Hawk.
I was considering bringing one over to Australia.
I want to get the thing registered in Sydney, although, I'm not sure where to start! Compliance here in Australia is quite strict.
My preference for the moment would be the 3L V6 or the 3.2 GTA motor. Get the thing here and i'll work on it from here.
I need to know if the car can be registered though. I need help!!
Daniel
If You Are looking, dont forget there are 3 very different replicas - On the outside they are all the same, but under the skin very different.

Lister Bell , Napiersport & Hawk..

I guess you have already, but if not check out the stratossupersite forum....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, ok. I thought only Hawk made these Lancia Stratos Replicas!
I've owned many Alfa, Fiats and Lancias so I know what I'm dealing with when it comes to those cars, but Kit Cars are totally different.

Do you have the link handy?

I've owned a 147GTA so I understand that engine very well! Very powerful unit for a HF3000! You're "Turboing" it!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
tubonutter

cool project any pics of the shift linkage? which gear lever box did you use and how did you reverse the input in the rear transaxle? i assume its a linkage rather than a cable shifter?

cheers

db

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The gearbox is from a 164 24V V6 - the 5 speed version, as these are stronger than the later 6 speed versions. Its rod operated with a single rod direct from the gear lever via 2 UJ's.

The shift rod on top of the Alfa Box lends itself quire easily to being modified, just turn it round and then weld on a threaded rod to accept the UJ and you are done.

See photo below of the modificaton & of the linkage inside the car. You can just about see th elinkage behind all the wiring!

linki.jpg

wiring in car.jpg

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
400 Posts
tubonutter

cool project any pics of the shift linkage? which gear lever box did you use and how did you reverse the input in the rear transaxle? i assume its a linkage rather than a cable shifter?

cheers

db
I have a similar car, and when I had a 5 speed box in it, managed the linkage in a slightly different way - just offering it as an alternative, nowt wrong with the welded job. Like all my good ideas, it belongs to someone else :)

Reverse the link as Neil says, but rather than welding to it, make up a block that bolts to the existing 'flat' on the shaft and accepts the gear linkage shaft. You need to drill & tap an extra cross-hole in the shft so you can rotate it by 90 degress, but other than that, it's all bolt-up bits and does allow a bit more adjustment.

Recently fitted a 6 speed GTA box in mine, but one of those isn't really man enough for Neils project.

Got to say....I'm really looking forward to a ride in this car :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm terrible for hijacking threads - don't mean to...I just tend to blather on...so won't post any stuff on my car here unless it's (hopefully) relevent!

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you some really good ones I had taken of it if you like.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Chris,
No problem to hijack the thread but lets turn it back to my car!

Not a lot of progress, as I am still at work, it is however booked in again at OJZ on the 6th of june to have the boost pipes & new inlet runners made. I need new inlet runners as the plenum has been mved to the front head & had to be lifted about 30mm so that the inlet to the throttle would clear the chassis.

leads_1.jpg

The car is waiting patiently for my return....

P3250438_resize.jpg

More When I get home

cheers Neil

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Very :cool::cool::cool: !!! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's beautiful mate! I had a 147GTA. so I know the engine. 'Turboing' is just craziness! Good on you.
I was wondering if anyone might have more info regarding Australia. I need this car. Every time I get on here I just want it more and more!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can use the 6-speed AR box from the 147/156GTA,I've been running a 156GTA turbocharged for 8 months now, no transmission problems but I do have a Quaife LSD.
Using a GT40 turbocharger with an 88 wheel.
Like you, forged internals, Pauter Machine Rods, Ross [email protected]:1 CR but I have the big bore(100mm)kit for 3.7L which allows for bigger everything & in turn more power at low boost.
On 95unleaded pump gas I run the car at 0.45bar boost which gives a solid 500bhp/600Nm, at 1bar on 100octane+ it makes over 700bhp/1000Nm(starts spinning on the dyno, hard to get a reading).Engine management is stock combined with a UniQ(Dastek)piggyback with 5Xmap selector switch, in this case 1=0.45bar;2=0.6bar;3=0.8bar;4=1bar;5=ECU immobiliser.
Everything has stayed together, covered 5500kms HARD with it.Use a Spec 5 complete clutch kit, driveshafts are holding up, only further upgrades are XYZ Racing coil-over kit,Eibach ARB's,XYZ Racing 355mm/6-Piston brakes & BBS CHR 8.5X19" rims with 235/35ZRX19" GY F1 Assymetrico's.
The car looks stock besides the rims & slightly reduced ride height.
I see 500hp as an easily reachable target for you & in such a lightweight car it will be an absolute monster of note.
Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That's beautiful mate! I had a 147GTA. so I know the engine. 'Turboing' is just craziness! Good on you.
I was wondering if anyone might have more info regarding Australia. I need this car. Every time I get on here I just want it more and more!!
Not sure on austrailia myself, but have a look on the Stratos Supersite forum, you might find somthing there, or ask on the forum.

http://www.stratossupersite.com/forum/

Alternatively contact one of the manufacturers

Listerbell
NapierSport
or Hawk Cars

Cheers

21 - 40 of 297 Posts