Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set of four 14x5-1/2 Turbina wheels that came as an extra set with a 1973 GTV I bought in 2016. Photos attached and I am happy to answer any questions and send more photos (PM me). These seem to be in pretty good shape, especially for a driver. (No center badges, sorry.) When you look up close one wheel has some pitting which could be casting blemishes I have read about. However, the color is uniform and I think they would look nice in any car from a few feet away. I have to think they were refinished at some point and not used too much since. The “Cromodora” and other lettering is slightly different on each wheel, so I assume this was not an original set.

$225 for the set (firm).

Located in Red Hook NY (Hudson Valley), or I am happy to ship at Buyer’s cost (probably ~$30-35 per wheel).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are two different pairs. The lower pair I think is earlier, has a rounder look where the fins meet the rim, and the 5 'divots' in between the bolt holes aren't the same (3 large in the middle & two ones small flanking them). The top pair (I think later, identical in looks (though perhaps not bolt pattern) as the ones on Alfetta Gt's) have very square shapes as fin meets rims, and has 5 evenly spaced divots of the same size in between bolt holes. Both pairs are Turbina's but slightly different casting. Are you sure the bolt pattern is the same (Alfetta's are 4x98). Not trying to be annoying, it's just something I'd noticed before on Turbinas.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I agree they are different iterations of the same wheel, and a check of the bolt pattern should be made.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(from Seller). Thanks for the feedback. I checked the bolt pattern on all four — 4x 108mm on all — and I tested fitted them all to my 1973 GTV.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Mix of Campagnolo and Cromodoras.
Put one Campagnolos on one side of the car and the Cromodoras on the opposite side and no one will know except the owner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny. Probably true. FWIW some of the wheels have both names on them. Zoom in.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I noticed that.
I think the "Campanatura 38" is the name of the wheel design or refers to something regarding alignment, not the manufacturer.
Maybe I'm mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Reactions: 1978alfa

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
(from Seller) since these aren’t quite exact, I’m happy to negotiate the price. Someone should get good use of these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts