Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is my understanding that the recent batch of synchros are defective and all vendors have pulled their supplies. Further, that the vendors need a prime original synchro example to remake them.

I will send my best original examples (I have one NOS 3rd/4th synchro and possibly one good used 1st/2nd synchro) to a supplier in Europe for remaking. I will also send a spare 3rd and 2nd gear to them in order to check out their repops.

I enjoy working on alfas and keeping them on the road. Early 750s with tunnel case transmissions are a small market. As such, vendors wishing to supply parts for these are taking a substantial risk. In order to keep these on the road (and my desire to keep working on them) please support these highly specialized vendors.

Many years ago I provided an NOS heater water valve for reproduction. I recently sent some of my spare DCO 3 jets to a vendor in Italy. I also provided my original marelli generator pulley to someone in need. Now these parts are available to all in need.

If you have some rare alfa part that can be reproduced please make it available so others can have one.

Reed

·
Registered
962 Posts
All tunnel case owners are indebted to you for your ground breaking work on them. You may have single handedly rehabilitated Alfa owner’s view of tunnel cases. I can remember when they were described as only useful as “boat anchors”.

Your generosity on sharing probably the last NOS parts for reproduction is a true gift to the community.
Carl

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
This is great. Keep in mind that the 1900's share the same synchro's.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have found both 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th synchros at 60 th. (Original new clearance). Since they are original and not repops should work as a basis for creating new ones. Contacted a supplier about this. So far they have not returned my email. Will keep you informed.

Reed

21 - 26 of 26 Posts