Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, did the oil change this week-end, and at first discouraged by the location of the oil filter, it ended up being not so bad, but could only hand tighten it, will check it tomorrow for leaks, might have to godown there with the right oil filter wrench. was shocked at the size of the oil pan drain bolt, biggest II've ever tackled.

Anyway, it's an 88 3.0, and just hit 46,000, figured next week challenge should be the plugs, wires and rotor cap. Figuring it's still got all of the original stuff there still.

Any positive, or negative expereinces? Any brands I should prefer or avoid when it comes to plugs and wires????

I wanted to pull the wire from the head side, but figured the rubber might be brittle, so didnt want to force it, any particular way to pull the wires off?

·
Registered
119 Posts
stock plug wires are pricey for these cars and the experience i had with my last milano was that the quality of the plug wires sourced through an Alfa outfitter (do not want to bash any names) was less than great. if you do some searching you can find Magnecor wires for less $$ than the stock. Or, you can make your own. some people on the board go against making your own, but i have had no problems with mine. i always use NGK plugs. i have never liked bosch anything which is ironic because i drive an alfa and a saab. mostly it goes by personal preference. there are all types of brands to use and just as many people who will recommend them. as far as pulling the wires, i always used plug wire pullers or just pulled them out by the boot that seals the well.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I bought a set of the Magnecor's from this place http://www.ultrarev.com last Aug and have been very happy with them. I got the blue 8mm wires, looks like the price has gone up, I just checked and I paid $85.20 and they now go for $99.40 :-(. Still cheaper than stock though, while I was at it I tossed in a set for my Spider since they were only $27...not sure why they were so much cheaper than the 6-Cyl version but for that price I couldn't turn them down.

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts