Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was wondering wether there are some guys out there with experience in cam shafts profiles for TS with turbo. The main problem I have after the conversion is not the max. power but low torque in the low rpm range. Below 3000 rpm the torque is only about 200 NM, which is not very impressive ! I belive it is because of the standard cam shaft profile !

Does any body know where it's possible to make a new profile on existing cam shaft?

The meassured torque is with out the advancement of the inlet cam shaft!

I'm looking forward for any comments!
Regards
Mende, Denmark

·
Registered
150 Posts
reduce valve overlap on low rpms (VVT off) and increase it to 40-60 on mid rpm boost mode (VVT on) what CR are you running ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TS turbo

reduce valve overlap on low rpms (VVT off) and increase it to 40-60 on mid rpm boost mode (VVT on) what CR are you running ?
Hi,
The CR is 7.5:1 , At the moment I'm running with out the VVT valve.
What do you mean with 40-60 on mid rpm? Actually I have plenty of power above 3500 rpm, but not much below !

Att is a picture of a dyno test.

Thanks
Regards
Mende

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
CR too low and may be turbo too big :) with efficient c.chamber 2 spark plugs why so much low CR ? are you planing 2 bar of boost :cool: what hold boost pressure?

·
Richard Jemison
7,191 Posts
Cams for your Turbo

What you really need are cams with a faster ramp, and I`m sure someone on that side of the ocean can do it for you. In the meanwhile you can reduce your overlap that is bleading off power by first increasing the lash clearance by .004 (.1mm). Your valves will be a bit more vocal but power will increase. The second thing you can do is retard the initial intake cam setting by 2 degrees and the exhaust cam should be advanced 2 degrees. You might want to do this first as it is easier, and note the results.
If you can set the elec. VVT to switch on after the power curve comes up (about 3000 rpm) it will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts