Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I am hoping you can assist me in tracking an Alfa that my father bought new. I'm not sure it still exists or, if it does, where it is but I'll give you the information I have off the owner service card, which I still have.

The car is a 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV. Chassis number is 1532449, Model 105.51
Original color was Gallo Ochre (AR109) with black interior. It was purchased new from Carlo Noce Alfa in Vestal, New York, USA, and delivered on June 8,1971. Original buyer and owner was my father, Samuel J. SanGiacomo.

The car was sold in the summer or the fall of 1976 by my father to Frankie Gee Chevrolet in Utica, New York, USA. That dealer resold the car, I believe, to someone in the Utica, New York area. I think the car was also repainted with a color change to dark blue or black by that owner. I have no other information after that.

Any help or referral you can give me toward finding the car if it still exists is appreciated. The car's chassis number is not listed on the classic Alfa registry. I will add that information shortly.
Thank you.

Former owner of 1971 1750 GTV and 1966 1600 Guilia Sprint GT
--

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I checked with Pat and it wasn't in the database at that time so he asked me to add it, which I did. It was in great shape when we sold it. Still, it spent much of its early life in the Northeast so, unless someone restored it, I fear it may have rusted away or been scrapped by now. I hope I'm wrong. Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Another entry was added to the registry for the same chassis #. The person's name is Chase Chiappino. I did a member search and found someone with the handle "ChiapC". He had the car listed in 2014 for sale...might this be the car? Try sending him a PM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another entry was added to the registry for the same chassis #. The person's name is Chase Chiappino. I did a member search and found someone with the handle "ChiapC". He had the car listed in 2014 for sale...might this be the car? Try sending him a PM.

Thanks, I got in touch with him and will try to verify if it's my dad's car. He sold it so it may take more digging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts