Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1750 Series 1 came to me with a nice black carpet edged in red and with the Alfa logo nicely embroided in the centre, on the trunk floor. My understanding is that no Alfa of that era ever came with carpet, no matter how nice. Could anyone please post photos of their original trunk mats? I can see some on CA and so on but I would like to see some originals, if possible?

They all seem to be complete sets and at this stage I am most interested in the floor mat for the trunk. It is difficult to tell which of the CA mats would suit the floor of a series 1 GTV (or if there was any RHD/LHD variation).

Any photos?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 1750 Series 1 came to me with a nice black carpet edged in red and with the Alfa logo nicely embroided in the centre, on the trunk floor. My understanding is that no Alfa of that era ever came with carpet, no matter how nice. Could anyone please post photos of their original trunk mats? I can see some on CA and so on but I would like to see some originals, if possible?

They all seem to be complete sets and at this stage I am most interested in the floor mat for the trunk. It is difficult to tell which of the CA mats would suit the floor of a series 1 GTV (or if there was any RHD/LHD variation).

Any photos?
Here's what my 1966 1600 GTV has, believed to be original.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Original Tipo 115.01 US Spec trunk mat. The fiber mat with rubber backing is unique to the US 2000 GTV for ‘72-74. I’m not aware of it being used in other markets, but I’m never surprised but what I continue to learn on the bb.
8C680440-3B86-4B84-A865-4BF4CC28FB00.jpeg

·
Registered
127 Posts
I posted a lot of pics in my resto thread an hour ago for you
, showing the light grey rubber mats that are correct for the first series at least of the 1750 in Europe. i bought my set from Elvisio Esposito in Italy, and can recomend them. The quality is very good, and they fit very well. I would think that these are correct also for your car. Any pics of your trunk and trunkmats?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice indeed! It looks exactly the same as mine. Mine currently has had new wheel and floor panels put in and a new fuel tank and then was sprayed in a black toughened liner by the PO. The carpet in there (floor only) is black with red binding and the nice Alfa logo. While it fits well I would like the original rubber. Pity they did use black as grey looks as thought it will show every mark?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would not worry that much about the durability of the original, grey carpet. Here is a pic of an unrestored car, with its original carpet still in place. One just has to take good care. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great. My old 62 Porsche 356 has all the original rubber and it lasted well - in black however :)

I can see that the rubber matting rolls over the jack on that original one. Is there some stiffening under the rubber to achieve that?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the tip on Elvisio Esposito. They look good and I like the black - even though not correct perhaps. Although some sources suggest that the Series 1 cars had black mats?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think grey is correct. At least in Europe and for my car. But as with so many of theese questions, there may be other enthusiasts that think something else.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will wait and see. I tend to agree with you on this but I do like the black mats also. I am not sure what Australian-delivered cars had in the Series 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts