Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are ~10 holes (~7/8") on the underside of the trunk lid on my 69 roundtail for placement of the speed nuts to anchor the trunk lid badges. The holes are covered with rubber plugs. I'd like to replace the plugs, but am having a hard time finding a source for replacements. I've checked a couple of auto part stores, Home Depot and McMaster-Carr with no success. Does anyone know where to find these? Thanks.

·
Out of the office!
11,620 Posts
There are ~10 holes (~7/8") on the underside of the trunk lid on my 69 roundtail for placement of the speed nuts to anchor the trunk lid badges. The holes are covered with rubber plugs. I'd like to replace the plugs, but am having a hard time finding a source for replacements. I've checked a couple of auto part stores, Home Depot and McMaster-Carr with no success. Does anyone know where to find these? Thanks.
See if any of these from British Wiring will work.

http://www.britishwiring.com/CAT22_23.PDF

·
Registered
194 Posts
rubber plugs

I'm in the same boat. Pep Boys sells a nice grommet kit made by performance tool. It includes (4) 3/4 plugs which fit correctly. Now if we can find (10). Osso's source may be worth a try.
Steve

·
Out of the office!
11,620 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Pep Boys sells a nice grommet kit made by performance tool. It includes (4) 3/4 plugs which fit correctly. Now if we can find (10). Osso's source may be worth a try.
Steve
I had forgotten about British Wiring when you contacted me a while back. I am sorry for that. I bought one of their grommets to use in the heater box. It's used for the coolant line. It fit like a champ.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the link to ClassicAlfa. I didn't see the particular part listed, but I think they'll be good in the future for some other hard to find parts. Once I knew that the plugs were called blanking grommets, I found a set of rubber grommets on ebay. As Stavri found, the 3/4" plugs fit perfectly and look correct to me. Here is a link in case anyone should need these.

Pack of Assorted Rubber type Blanking Grommets....M ... on eBay, also, Other Classic Car Parts, Classic Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Jan-08 20:35:36 GMT)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts