Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Milano Verde, 2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Newbie here. New to forum but not new to Alfas. Expect to learn a lot here. First question concerns Milano trunk boxes. Back in the 80s I learned about the existence of some trunk boxes but no accessories brochure or parts list seemed to indicate what they were. Eventually saw an ad for some used ones which I bought and still have. They are form fit to the sides of the trunk, have velcro on bottom and outboard sides to hold them to carpets (sort of), have lids embossed with MILANO, have strap handles, and leave a nice rectangular space for suitcases. So now the questions: How were these obtained initially? Were they part of the Platinum model? None of my Gold or Verde models had them. Are there more than these two? Something for the shelf above the gas tank, maybe? Just speculating here. Anyway, if anybody know something about these boxes, I'm very curious about them. And how common are they? Never seen any others. Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I believe these were a dealer option like the luggage set. Probably not a lot of them out there anymore.
There are only two, the left and right.

·
Registered
1989 Milano Verde, 2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig. I see you have a 78 Sport Sedan. I had a 79 and was one of my favorite Alfas after installing the European cams, headers, and distributor. Really brought it to life as it was supposed to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts