Alfa Romeo Forums banner

trunk/boot lock

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  DPeterson3 
#1 ·
Hi
has anyone got,know where I can get a lock for the boot of my 2600,I am not bothered if you dont have a key,or if it is the whole number plate light unit. I am in the U.K. but would happy to pay any shipping involved,I also need the small chrome plate that fits on the right hand door at the rear,
thanks chris

#2 ·
Chris,

I have a few extra parts for the trunk lock of a 102. I'm not sure what parts are common to the 106. I learned that the 106 uses a thick rubber spacer under the chrome license plate light bar, but the 102 does not. This probably means that the push-button activation rod is shorter on the 102 than the 106. I have an essentially complete 102 set up, all freshly chromed. I also have a rubber spacer from a 106. I doubt the push-button would work on your car for the reason stated, however. You might research this. The light bar is freshly chromed, but the chromer got a bit overly enthusiastic with the sander and the "Carello" printing was obliterated. Probably better than not having one, however. When I saw the obliterated script, I stopped working on that light bar and shifted energies to another, so cannot tell you what else it might need in the way of sockets, fasteners, etc.

Let me know if any of this will help.

#3 ·
Don,
Thanks for the reply,I do not know if yours will fit my 2600,I will try to find out and get back to you, I dont know how I could pay you,but we will discuss that later,in the mean time if any else has one, or knows if Dons 2000 will fit with no dramas please let me know.
thanks chris

#5 ·
Franco,

Your rubber gasket is the same as the one on my 2000. The other rubber one that I have is much thicker, and is supposedly employed to move the license plate back farther.

#8 ·
Chris,

The part number for the 102 is the same. What parts do you need? The locking assembly comes apart into several parts. I believe I have all of them.

#9 ·
Hi don
I need the lock barrel with key if possible,I dont know if it has the plunger that pushes the latch on the end,as I need that to.Im sorry to be vauge but my lock has been bodged up in the past and only has a home made rod that you push to release trunk lid,so all I have is the lock housing that bolts to the light unit.
chris

#10 ·
Chris,

I'll go pull out what I've got and take some pics. Alas, no keys. In fact, that might be the right exchange - see if you can find us some key blanks. I gave up looking although didn't expend a great deal of energy on it.

I'm certain I've got the push-button assembly, complete with plunger. Do you need the surround, or just the button? It was the plunger that I wondered might be longer than on the 102.

You might PM me with your address so I can mail the stuff over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.