Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This collection of photographs has been selected from a rare issue of the Royal Automobile Club of Italy (RACI) magazine, dated 9 May 1937. The pictures show famous drivers who have made great the history of motor racing. They were participating in the XI Tripoli Grand Prix, an internationally-renowned automobile race created by Italians when Tripolitania (in present day western Libya) was an African colony, during the Fascist Period.

For more details on the Tripoli Grand Prix also visit the following web sites:

Giovanni

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
That country would have been better off staying an Italian colony.
And then we could see what Berlusconi could have really achieved - you know, without the limitations of those pesky European cultural and judicial constraints :eek: .

These are great videos. The palm trees around the course give the setting some serious ambience - and provide decent perches for the bravest fans.

Alfa-Red-GTC-66 - Thanks for these links. You might want to consider moving (or duplicating) this post in the "Alfa Romeo History" forum for maximum exposure. I like the ploy of changing the formula to suit the Italian cars, only to have MBZ create a few smaller displacement one-offs to dominate.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So you would take Khaddafi over Berlusconi? The Green Book does capture the progressive sensibilities of the Bay Area quite well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So you would take Khaddafi over Berlusconi? The Green Book does capture the progressive sensibilities of the Bay Area quite well.
Only speculating on B.'s "potential" in an even less-regulated geographical land. I made no comment re: K. - corruption simply comes in a rainbow :) of flavors. Going into the incongruities of progressive values and despots (regardless of ranking, location or published works) seems inappropriate, here.

There's this for that:

Daily Kos :: State of the Nation

Oops - my slip is showing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts