Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one time I came on a source to replace chrome side trim on my 84 Spider Veloce during restoration, but I've misplaced or lost the references. I elected NOT to fill in the holes in the doors and front and rear panels when I repainted, even though many restorations do that since the trim was put on US models only.

Anyone able to identify a source for replacement trim?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Have no idea. Was this trim on the top edge of the scallop? My car had a pin stripe decal with the Graduate logo. It went when I had the car resprayed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wonder it is side trim added by the dealer. I have noticed on various cars I have redone that some have it yet it was not a factory option and they I remembered my father having it installed on a new car of his to protect the door from other door bumps? I presently have it on a 280z that I am restoring and have taken it off and filled the holes. Fortunately it is NOT on the 1986 Alfa Spider, my next project. Good luck!

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,499 Posts
At one time I came on a source to replace chrome side trim on my 84 Spider Veloce during restoration, but I've misplaced or lost the references. I elected NOT to fill in the holes in the doors and front and rear panels when I repainted, even though many restorations do that since the trim was put on US models only.

Anyone able to identify a source for replacement trim?
These door guard strips are usually dealer add-ons to squeeze some extra $$ out of the buyer. You can probably source the stuff at your local trim shop.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Hi John,
Most automotive paint supply shops will have this trim in stock. It may not be exactly what you removed but you can get close. As mentioned above, it was not Alfa-installed, nor was it a US option. It is quite common, but was done by dealers and aftermarket installers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Mike.

Unfortunately, I've not found that to be the case - both of the shops which did most of my restoration work claim they are unable to locate replacement trim. I am the original and sole owner, so if you are correct the trim was installed by my dealer. However, I think my owner manual clearly shows the installed trim in cover picture - I will recheck.

Regards
John Carr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roger - thanks - this looks like ti could be useful, and may be one of the references i misplaced.

John Carr

·
Registered
612 Posts
Cover of manual

Hi. my Alfa has trim though i have no idea if it was original, (im not even the second owner) but I`ve got manual with it... and here is the cover...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts